Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bartley
    replied
    According to what I see on the web the drive belt is a toothed (cogged) belt, so that certainly complicates the mission. However, places like Motion Canada, Canadian Bearings etc can supply these pulleys as well as the belts. What's needed is to know the motor RPM and the diameter of the remaining pulley so that the calculations can be done for the diameter of the missing pulley. While the bore is important, it's less important as a smaller bore pulley can be opened up and keyed if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Egon
    replied
    If it’s a flat belt the hardware store may not be the place to look.

Leave a comment:

• stevem
    replied
    this bandsaw very likely has an integral motor not a separate motor with a v belt
    the belt is probably a narrow flat ribbed belt
    to the op, try king or ryobi, get a look at the motor and pulley at a dealer, you might get lucky!

Leave a comment:

• Egon
    replied
    The pulleys should be pretty generic. Chances are your local hardware store will have some that fit.

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied
    Originally posted by Wood Grower View Post

I have a bandsaw with speed 1750, and I would think this would be a more reasonable speed. I put a 3450 motor on for about a minute until I realized it was insane, nobody would run a bandsaw that fast. The 3450 motor was supposed to be for my table saw.
    Yes if you have a band saw with the motor and driven pulleys selected for a 1750 rpm motor and you put a 3450 rpm motor on it, it will run too fast.

Leave a comment:

• Wood Grower
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug G View Post
    I assume the motor pulley is missing which is odd but not a problem. The shaft size is the easy part, just measure the motor shaft. The outside diameter can be calculated as follows. Start with the desired blade or band speed, typical band sawblade speed for wood is 3000 fpm. A 9" wheel has a diameter of about 28"(9x pi). So you need a wheel rpm of about 1286 rpm. (3000x12/28) to achieve a bandspeed of 3000 fpm. So the required motor pulley outside diameter can be calculated from the driven pulley diameter and the motor speed. Check your motor nameplate for your motor speed. Let's assume it is 3450 rpm and your driven pulley is say 6", so you would need a 2.2" (say 2 1/4") diameter motor pulley. (1286/3450 x 6). Then go to a supplier like Motion Canada and buy the closest size available.
    I have a bandsaw with speed 1750, and I would think this would be a more reasonable speed. I put a 3450 motor on for about a minute until I realized it was insane, nobody would run a bandsaw that fast. The 3450 motor was supposed to be for my table saw.

Leave a comment:

• Jerome
    replied
    If you want to play around with the speed you can use this calculator to get what you want.http://vintagemachinery.org/math/sfpm.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Doug G
    replied
    I assume the motor pulley is missing which is odd but not a problem. The shaft size is the easy part, just measure the motor shaft. The outside diameter can be calculated as follows. Start with the desired blade or band speed, typical band sawblade speed for wood is 3000 fpm. A 9" wheel has a diameter of about 28"(9x pi). So you need a wheel rpm of about 1286 rpm. (3000x12/28) to achieve a bandspeed of 3000 fpm. So the required motor pulley outside diameter can be calculated from the driven pulley diameter and the motor speed. Check your motor nameplate for your motor speed. Let's assume it is 3450 rpm and your driven pulley is say 6", so you would need a 2.2" (say 2 1/4") diameter motor pulley. (1286/3450 x 6). Then go to a supplier like Motion Canada and buy the closest size available.

Leave a comment:

• GJW
    replied
    TSC Stores or Peavey Mart if you are out west.

Leave a comment:

• puthenjf
    started a topic 9" Band Saw motor pulley

9" Band Saw motor pulley

i have a Trade master 9" Band saw - Model PR13102 ; and the parts are now obsolete.
    i am looking for a new drive motor pulley or its dimensions so than i can get one made.
Working...
X