Lee Valley online seconds sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Valley online seconds sale

Anybody get any new toys? I got the 6 pack of short auger bits.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Lee Valley online seconds sale

Ordered a low angle jack plane. The website was glitchy this morning so it was a couple of hours before I was actually able to get through checkout.

Comment

There was nothing there for me.
      Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
      'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
      "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Same as Noel, not much that I "needed"!

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by drzaius View Post
          Ordered a low angle jack plane. The website was glitchy this morning so it was a couple of hours before I was actually able to get through checkout.
          That’s the workhorse plane in my shop. I am sure your are going to love it. I actually called customer service as the website was just dead. They were ok with that workaround.

Comment

Had a look, but prices were still too high for me to do an impulse buy. Which is probably a good thing since I've been impulse buying a lot lately.

Comment

Didn’t absolutely need anything. Almost got a pmv11 chisel but decided my narex is fine for a while yet. Wanted the shooting plane but again don’t absolutely need it.

Comment

Needs are irrelevant, James, LoL !!

Originally posted by Grailwoodworks View Post
                Didn’t absolutely need anything. Almost got a pmv11 chisel but decided my narex is fine for a while yet. Wanted the shooting plane but again don’t absolutely need it.
                KenL and Kerry in Fort Sask, AB like this.
                All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
                - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

I was hoping one of the LV brass head carving mallets would be listed but alas not. Guess my current "LV" (lignum vitae) one will have to do.

Comment

Stumbled on the sale while checking their website for something else. Really wanted to buy a bullnose plane and had it in my cart showing 'limited quantities', but the glitchy website wouldn't let me check out :-(. By the time it did, it said 'out of stock'.

Oh well. Saved me some money. I bought my original item instead (mitre trimmer).

Comment

I picked up the roll of flush cutting chisels.

Considered either the skew block plane, or jack rabbet plane, but eventually came to the conclusion that I've been doing rabbet, and mortise and tennon joinery (the reason I wanted them) just fine, so far, and couldn't justify it.

The chisels, however, were too pretty to pass up, and I don't really have a decent alternative for flush trimming.

Comment

I just picked up my low angle jack. It came with the PM11 iron, which I've had no experience with. Anything special I need to know with regards to sharpening?

Are these really seconds? I went over this thing thoroughly & couldn't find any flaws at all. Same thing with the 4-1/2 I got a few years ago.

Attached Files

Comment

I just received my Carvers drawknife. I couldn’t find a blemish or flaw.
                          John
                          If you learn from your mistakes, then I'm getting a fantastic education.

Comment

I think we've uncovered a "seconds" conspiracy.

Comment

Working...
                            X