Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panel Sanding - Best Tool for the Job? High Volume...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panel Sanding - Best Tool for the Job? High Volume...

you can sand anything on a stroke sander. What grit im curious what you can do, likely finer on a stroke and thats why I asked and if hand clean up after Ive sanded Polyester with 600 grit before. What grit is used will show diff on diff woods and even diff boards same species depending on grain.

And for the vac cups always did plan on making a vac table but just sanded loose on the table. You dont need hold down to sand a cutting board other than put it on the table and get to work
    Last edited by Sawdust; 01-09-2021, 04:26 PM.
    MartyFromKingston likes this.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by GenDesign View Post
      stevem watched a few videos on the v drum last night, like the idea of having two papers on the longer units.
      How do you find the vibration? That is what kills my body with the ROS.
      vibration? none really, you manually feed the workpiece just as you would over jointer at an even light pressure and fairly constant speed, which if the table is setup carefully relative to the drum, is easy

it takes several passes depending on initial roughness and the grit you use

but it's certainly not a high production machine, no autofeed of course
      my shop is a beaver lodge
      steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

v thing is not useful for getting what he wants. Two machines mentioned are.

Comment

where did you end up on sanding to get the scratch free finish you wanted?

Comment

how did the 320 belts work out on the wide belt, did you get what you wanted or still more work after that?

Comment

Working...
            X