Quiet Shop Vac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet Shop Vac

Hi All, looking for a recommendations on a quiet shop vacuum. I forgot how much of a pain sanding indoors is. Many thanks!
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Quiet Shop Vac

Click image for larger version

Name:	EEDC3C77-7B5B-42F4-BA77-09851498531D.png
Views:	344
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	1314158 Have a look at the Fein Turbos. 66 decibels, 1100 watt bypass motor, 160 cfm, 98” water column. I have had mine for 4 years with a dust deputy and hepa filter. I couldn’t even guess how many hours are on it, I use it so much. Somewhat pricey but it is so quiet you soon forget the money spent!
    Jim in Burlington likes this.

Comment

Here is the Makita version. I have used this one before. Works great and is quiet at 59 db

Makita VC3012L 30L Professional Push&Clean Wet/Dry Dust Extractor - Atlas-Machinery (atlas-machinery.com)

That one is 30L, they also have a smaller and larger capacity unit.

Comment

Shop vac or dust collection? I'd be surprised if one existed that worked well and was also quiet. My plan was always to put the dust collector in another room or even outside and just run the vac lines into my shop. Line a central vacuum.

Comment

Hi Bob, I have a big dust collector and ambient air filter. Just want this for sanding. Quieter the better. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtie66 View Post
            Here is the Makita version. I have used this one before. Works great and is quiet at 59 db

Makita VC3012L 30L Professional Push&Clean Wet/Dry Dust Extractor - Atlas-Machinery (atlas-machinery.com)

That one is 30L, they also have a smaller and larger capacity unit.
            Just having trouble finding anything in stock. Very odd.

Comment

Give Atlas a call and see if they have an idea on avail. Otherwise Mississauga Hardware shows in stock (Dixie and Eglinton area)

Makita VC3012L 30L Compact Push Clean Wet/Dry Dust Extractor (L Class) (mississaugahardware.com)

Comment

I have 3M Worktunes... I can't even hear my 2hp dust collector.
                Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest
                Or like my page on Facebook
                Subscribe on Youtube
                This is my website www.matteout.com

Comment

I’ve been using this Karcher for sanding for a couple years. I don’t find it loud at all, can’t hear it over the sander. It doesn’t state that it’s HEPA but I use it with a bag, and my Dylos meter doesn’t show an increase in airborne particles when I am sanding with it, so it appears it works well. Looks like the price has gone up somewhat since i got it at Costco, but I would still buy it again.

https://www.amazon.ca/Karcher-Multi-...28562547&psc=1

posted a review a couple years back:

https://forum.canadianwoodworking.co...n-festool-vacs
                  Last edited by Andre Beaudette; 01-23-2021, 11:13 AM. Reason: Added review link

Comment

I have a couple older Fein ( 15 years?) vacs and a festool ct 36. Both very quiet compared to the rigid or craftsman in the shop.

The festool was costly but with the filter system it was worth every penny.

Have been able to clean out filter bags ( takes a bit of time and is messy) and reuse.

It is excellent for ROS, domino, biuscuitJ and routers.
                    http://www.woodmonkey.ca

Comment

Festool, mine has variable speed so you can slow it down.
                      sigpic
                      hobby woodworking since 1972

Comment

Another vote for Festool. Last year I finally got totally fed up with the scream of my cheap shopvac. My "research" said Festool or Fein. But sooooo expensive. I ended up stumbling on a used Festool C26 HEPA for about half the cost of new, and I grabbed it. Very glad I did. Soooo much quieter than my old vacuum, its ridiculous. Sanding is now a virtually dust free task. I also use it on my little handheld router and I'm always impressed at how little material escapes. Very glad I spent the money. I have it set up with a dust deputy to save on bags.

Comment

I have a Festool Midi and a CT26.

If you're not carrying it around the CT26 is great, if you have to carry it up the stairs go with the Midi.

The festool vacs pack the duct bag so densely that it's like lifting a bag of concrete mix..............Rod.
                          Jim in Burlington and Tim W C like this.
                          Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

I have four or five Festool vacs and 3 Bosch vacs. Both are quiet, but I prefer the Festool over the Bosch vacs primarily due to the way that Bosch has the auto-clean mode set as the default mode which you don't want if you are a bag user which I am 98% of the time using them. The Bosch vacs also do not come with an anti-static hose out of the box like all Festool vacs do.
                            Kevin

Comment

For sanding I built a downdraft table with a furnace motor and blower/sucker
                              Works great at keeping dust down and you can't hear it running...and cheap
                              Dara
                              SPCHT

Comment

Working...
                              X