Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quiet Shop Vac

Originally posted by stotto View Post
    I have a couple older Fein ( 15 years?) vacs and a festool ct 36. Both very quiet compared to the rigid or craftsman in the shop.

The festool was costly but with the filter system it was worth every penny.

Have been able to clean out filter bags ( takes a bit of time and is messy) and reuse.

It is excellent for ROS, domino, biuscuitJ and routers.
    Hey Stan,
    Since you have both the Fein & Festool extractors what are your thoughts on one vs the other?

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I have a Bosch branded Starmix vac. Same as the one sold under Mafell brand as well. I also run it through a detachable dust deputy. Ive been very happy with it. Dust Deputy makes all the difference with drywall and sawdust.

Jim in Burlington and Wild Bill like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeti View Post

Hey Stan,
        Since you have both the Fein & Festool extractors what are your thoughts on one vs the other?
        The Fein are......fine...lol. As mentioned they are older vacs compared the the festool.

As for noise levels they are both very good. Quiet compared to any other shop vac I've owned.

Also both good with running tools through them.

I really like the fein fabric filter ( not available on newer models) as it is easy to empty vac and shake filter out. (Best done outdoors!)

It does not compare to the Festool filter which is fantastic.

Someone in a previous post mentioned how it collects in festool filter bag almost like concrete.

Very well designed and using a mirka ROS ( with abranet, virtually dust free) and domino machine with vac it really takes a long time to fill up a filter bag.

I have not tried the newer Feins or the bosch vacs.
        http://www.woodmonkey.ca

Comment

I was running my rigid shop vac with my sander and it started making this squealing sound. bad bearing I thought.. I took it back and got another but it still made the sound. then realized that because I'd made a hole in one of the fittings so the thing could have some airflow to cool it was making a whistling noise ;-)

Comment

I bought my first festool vac about 15 years ago, smartest purchase I ever made in the shop. Never used my downdraft dust distribution system again.

Startech, I read somewhere, makes vacs for Bosh, Fein, and some Makita vacs, maybe festool also.
            Jim in Burlington likes this.

Comment

I've had a Festool CT26 for about the last 6 or 7 years or so and it's very good. Prices are getting crazy on it though.

I think I'd definitely compare specs on the Feins or Makitas if I was shopping today.

Or maybe take a look at the "budget" Festool CT15 vac. Hose isn't anti-static, but it's hepa, variable suction, autostart, half the cost of a CT MIDI with the same volume...

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...?item=ZT574831
              Jim in Burlington likes this.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I have a newer Fein and really like it. I have a dust deputy sitting beside it both on a wheeled cart. I have had this setup for 3 years and I still have not had to empty the Fein yet. I have not tried Festool to compare though. At the time I bought the Festool was quite a bit more expensive than what I paid for the Fein and all of the ratings I could find put both of them pretty much even.

Comment

Working...
                X