Colourful Coffins in NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colourful Coffins in NZ

Hey Bob K, when are you going to make some of these?

Paul
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Colourful Coffins in NZ

That's definitely different.
    Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
    'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
    "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

I'll take version #NCC-1701 please.
      Learning something new every day.

Comment

I like it!

Though honestly I'm leaning towards this "natural burial" thing where they do absolutely nothing but wrap you in a cotton sheet and shove you in the ground with some mulch - no embalming, no coffin, no nothing.

It's gaining popularity due to the environmental thing, but I'm drawn to it because of the significant cost reduction. I just can't accept the idea of money - money that my kids could use for something useful - being wasted on me after I'm dead. I mean, I'm dead! Every dollar spent on me then is a dollar wasted, as far as I'm concerned. I'm I'm lucky I can maybe die in some sort of industrial accident where there's no remains to have to worry about.
        QC Inspector, Chimera and 2 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by callee View Post
          I'm I'm lucky I can maybe die in some sort of industrial accident where there's no remains to have to worry about.
          Like Steve Buscemi in Fargo?

BTW, I'm totally with you on the minimalist burial/disposal thing.
          Last edited by drzaius; 04-15-2021, 08:45 AM.
          Frank D. likes this.

Comment

I like it!

Though honestly I'm leaning towards this "natural burial" thing where they do absolutely nothing but wrap you in a cotton sheet and shove you in the ground with some mulch - no embalming, no coffin, no nothing.

It's gaining popularity due to the environmental thing, but I'm drawn to it because of the significant cost reduction. I just can't accept the idea of money - money that my kids could use for something useful - being wasted on me after I'm dead. I mean, I'm dead! Every dollar spent on me then is a dollar wasted, as far as I'm concerned. I'm I'm lucky I can maybe die in some sort of industrial accident where there's no remains to have to worry about.
            That’s my way, also. But, I think in most jurisdictions there are laws requiring containment and embalming for disease control.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul O in Paris View Post
              Hey Bob K, when are you going to make some of these?

Paul
              Hay Paul I saw that somewhere else but when I read about the doughnut being made of foam and the cost of these I lost interest, having had my coffin / display at the markets for the past couple of years now and listened to what people have to say about natural burials and costs of coffins I did wonder just how much interest he will get, I guess some people will get hooked into it.
              For all that my coffins were cheap, simple and made of untreated ply that is light to carry, it would quickly brake down / decompose, I had so many people tell me what a good idea they were they were still hard to sell, I have non at the moment and am undecided whether I will make any more, I don't want to be making them at a moments notice as is usually the case when someone dies, my idea was people bought them with time to do the decorating themselves https://www.kiwicoffinclub.co.nz/ but then there is the storage problem.
              I have been there and done that, on with the rocking chairs more fun and harder to sell.
              QC Inspector likes this.

Comment

I'm all for making a simple wood coffin and using it as a shelf/cupboard in the shop. Great idea! When I die they can roll me up in the sheets I kaacked on, toss me in the coffin and nail the lid shut. Have a few drinks of good riddance and cremate me. When cooled toss my ashes into the wind. Upwind of some politicians preferred.

Pete

Comment

I like it!

Yup....... I agree.
                  • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

I told the wife to cremate me , put some of the ashes in the dogs dinner and they can crap me out in the bush.
                    Some days I think she wants to.
                    • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

I like it!

$4000 for a wrap worth $10 at Home Sense.... because that's how most of the funeral businesses roll.

Comment

If everyone who lived in this world had a marked grave we would't have anywhere left to stand. Those plots are expensive. I think many imagine being buried until they see the actual costs of doing so. It's an awkward topic but probably a good one to have.

Comment

Working...
                        X