Made a Wall-Hung Rag and Bag Storage Cabinet Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a Wall-Hung Rag and Bag Storage Cabinet Thing

I made a Rag ‘n’ Bag organizer wall unit that would be useful for storage in your laundry room, mud room, kitchen, workshop or even your master bedroom

Video Link is Here:
    https://youtu.be/Y0QHv0cyMX0

This project is totally beginner friendly since it’s constructed with just glue and screws. This project was a little bit impulsive on my part since I have many other, more important shop projects to tackle. However, I had these bags and rags lying around and I was also looking for somewhere to hang up my apron, etc.

Since this project wasn’t entirely in my schedule, I wanted to get through it quick and move on. This is why I chose to use sheet goods (MDF) and just glue and screw it together. It doesn’t need to be bomb proof. If I want to make another, more sturdy version with traditional joinery, I know a woodworker who can make that happen.

I like the idea of building functional furniture with more than one, but somewhat separate functions. For instance, my clamp rack doubles as a shelf for just my stereo, and this was entirely intentional. The fact that I have rags, bags and hooks for hanging sweaters and aprons appeals to me for some reason, I’m not sure why.

Painting by hand is really tough and I don't claim to be an expert on it, particularly when I'm in a rush. I do like Zinsser BIN primer and using an extender in the paint which allows the drying time increase so that the brush strokes have a better chance at levelling out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1090259.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.81 MB ID:	1329019

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1090257.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.32 MB ID:	1329020
    Frank D., John Bartley and 3 others like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Made a Wall-Hung Rag and Bag Storage Cabinet Thing

That looks great!!

Nathan

Comment

Re: Made a Wall-Hung Rag and Bag Storage Cabinet Thing

Scott, I was attracted by your topic listing this as a "thing".

People who know me will confirm that many of projects can only accurately be described as "things".

Your bag organiser looks great, well done..............Regards, Rod.
      beachburl likes this.
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Working...
      X