Red-Line fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red-Line fence

I recently acquired a Unisaw that came with an un installed Red Line fence. Label says the saw shop on it. Which as far as I can tell no longer exists. I have two fences. A regular one and a tall one. Plus the front and back rails. No hardware. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this fence. Is it worth my while putting it on or should I go for something else. I’m hoping this saw will became a keeper for me until I can afford a Sawstop.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Red-Line fence

I wish you have pictures. It's pretty hard for me to understand what you are asking... Maybe others might.
    Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest
    Or like my page on Facebook
    Subscribe on Youtube
    This is my website www.matteout.com

Comment

I purchased a RedLine clone from Saw Shop (drove to Shop, not far from where I live).
      He had stopped selling the line, but had this one clone that would fit my saw at the time.

It was a very good fence, accurate and ridgid, and rather versatile if I remember (easy to adjust, add/attach jigs, sacrifical fences, etc)

I would run it again if given the chance, or atleast wouldn't get rid of it... unless I was set on one style in particular (ome are unifence fans, Beis fans, etc)

Install it, set it up properly, run it and see how you like it. I don't think you would gain anything, but a lighter wallet, by buying anything available on the market.

edit

Any hardware (nuts, bolts, etc) should be easy enough to source. Pics of what you already have may help tho, as mentioned above.
      [insert something witty here]

Comment

I think they are the same as the Mule Accusquare https://www.mulecab.com/tablesaw.html I have one and it's good not great but better than the jetlock that was on my saw before

Comment

That accusquare looks very similar. Different colour of course. I guess since it’s only gonna cost me some time and some bolts I may as well give it a go. What’s a good source for the tape measure? Maybe I’ll try that accusquare place. ​ image widget

Comment

I have the Red-Line fence. Love it. Have the bandsaw unit as well. It is not the same as the Accusquare,it is better. I have both. Same general concept but Dave put some thought into the attachments, which I bought as well.
            It is easy to install, but you will find weld nut a good idea for attaching the rails.
            I have the full set of instruction. PM me and I will scan for you.
            You can get adhesive bench tapes here: https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...ve-bench-tapes

Don
            Last edited by Don Burch; 06-24-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X