Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawdust
    replied
    last moulding company I spoke with was a third generation business. At that time mostly all they ran was high speed steel. They ground all their own knives. The 18 percent Jack is talking about is 18 % Tungsten. Dimar and others sell that.

Leave a comment:

• RV Sam
    replied
    Sounds like you are going to be making core boxes ? Have you talked to these people. www.moldingknives.com

Leave a comment:

• jgarrett forsberg
    replied
    carbide for sure . if you have a grinding room than 18% HSS or M42. two knife should be plenty .

Leave a comment:

• iamtooler
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. I would be interested to learn how this could be done. You are describing ''scalloping''?

Leave a comment:

• cthorne111
    started a topic Someone with moulder experience?

Someone with moulder experience?

We are going to be using a 5 head SCM moulder to put three half circle shapes into the top of a 2x8 up to 1” deep. All spruce. We need to buy heads and knife stock to make the knives. I’m just wondering if someone with experience with this can provide input on how many knives to use, and what type of steel or heads to get. Finish is unimportant and we will be doing mass production. We are thinking to use 2 heads to reduce drag on just one motor. The bore is 1-13/16”. Extreme speed won’t be needed at this point.
Working...
X