looking for cedar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for cedar

Does anyone know where I can buy rough cedar in the mississauga or gta area...looking mainly for 8/4 rough ...

Re: looking for cedar

Dominic, I was just talking to a gentleman at a mill near Port Perry and he has about 700 BF of air dried rough cut white cedar and is in the process of cutting more. Please send me a PM and I can give you the particulars. I would rather not post his telephone number at this time.

Murray
    I've cut this thing three times and it's still too dang short

Comment

Try these guys, good selection of stock, high quality reflected in the price but not totally out to lunch.
      http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontari...did=12794669ab
      Exotic wood in Burlington:
      http://www.exotic-woods.com/domestic.aspx?p=1

Comment

Western Red cedar

How much are you looking for and is it just 8/4.

Brian
        If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

thanks for the help guys, brian I'm not sure how much i need yet, am thinking of building a pergola about 16x25 feet, so the boards will have to be at least 16 ft long...Dom

Comment

Cedar

Domenic....When I entered that post I was in Vancouver and a great place for cedar at terrific prices.I left Wed morning. Unfortunately I am now in Fargo, North Dakota in the middle of a snow storm and they are expecting 14 inchs overnite and not expected to end until tomorrow evening. The good thing is that we are staying at a hotel across the street from Tool Crib of the North. I have bought cedar from Main Lumber near or on Trafalgar in Oakville just south of QEW. Their price was competitive and the quality was excellent. I have always used 6/4 for my decking.

Brian
            Last edited by Brian @ Muir; 04-11-2008, 12:58 AM. Reason: amend
            If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Brian,
              Main is now closed but I believe they are part of Tamarack(Burlington)/ Central Fairbanks lumber group(Toronto)FYI
              But I've always known them to have good lumber.
              I've been to Tamarack and Central Fairbanks and the lumber quality seems good.

Comment

Cedar Lumber

Try Oliver Lumber in Etobicoke. A friend of mine just bought a pile of rough cut cedar there.

Comment

Working...
                X