Dog sled plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog sled plan

Sorry to bother you guys again but I am looking for a good place to buy a plan to make a dog sled, I will be pulling that sled with my snowmobile and a person can sit in the sled and an other one can be standing at the end of the sled, it is like an Esquimo sled.

Merci and have a nice evening

Jacques L
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Dog sled plan

Quite a few different ideas HERE Jacques. A quick Google search of dog sled plans will turn up a lot more. Good luck, and show us some pictures when you get it done.
    Just wandering around

Comment

gee jacques we are trying the same thing!!

let me know how you make out

im considering a scaled down sized sled, ie 2/3 or 3/4 size

here is a well drawn set

http://www.ooowoo.com/JUNIOR/doityourself/k12sled.html
      Last edited by stevem; 01-22-2011, 07:39 AM.
      my shop is a beaver lodge
      steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Beaver Jointer

Comment

Hi,
        Interesting project! I used to build these about 40 yrs ago. I had three Husky's that I used to demonstrate them for me. I only built a couple of the longer Alaskan style "Freight sleds" and one I kept for myself. Mainly I custom built the small racing sleds for people . I tied my sleds with "babish". Later the sleds were tied with nylon cord. I used white ash, quater sawn, for wood. I never had ,"a plan", my customers had me build sleds that were modified versions of existing sleds that we copied, for racing. I stopped building sleds as I became busy in construction. The freight sled I built were good to haul a person, etc. I copied a picture from a book for my freight sleds.They were just long racing sleds without the steam bent handles, and the racing sled runners were longer behind the sled. I have included attachments. The small model is of a freight is one that I have and took photos of on my computer's keyboard pull out shelf. BTW, would love to see a post of your sled soon!! Good sleding. Al
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X