Rough-sawn pine timber supply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough-sawn pine timber supply

any suggestions for a supplier of 10"x10" rough-sawn pine (cedar's too pricey) for a timber-frame porch configuration? preferably in Waterloo Region....

Re: Rough-sawn pine timber supply

Rob,

Your best bet will be some of the mennonite mills north of Waterloo area. Can't give you a phone number, but ask around.

Will try and get a number from a friend who got a ton of timber frame sized chunks from a mill somewhere north of waterloo. Don't know exactly where since the wood was already delivered by the time I got involved.

Scott

Comment

There is a mill in Hawkesville beside a custom furniture manufacturer and another between Hawkesville and Wallenstein (Bauman's?) or possibly just past Hawkesville on the Wallenstein/St Clement's road. They should be able to supply what you want or at least put you on to one of the other local mills.

Comment

hi
        give albert rodgers saw mill a look 7831six line nichol rr2
        519-843-2472 havent been in a long time but air dry pine was a $1.00 bf

good luck
        joe

Comment

Rob, I buy all my lumber from Cedar Creek Sawmill in Cambridge 519-621-7780 ask for Wayne, all his lumber is kiln-dri, and is fairly reasonable with pricing as well.
          The people in Hawksville that ges mention all their lumber is green.
          Robert

Comment

Townsend Lumber in Tillsonburg. They cut to order. I have some 6 x 10 beams that are 17 to 19 ft long. They were left in my neighbors barn in 1975 and I bought them 3 yrs ago. I think they are hemlock,came from a factory in western Canada that was torn down.

Brian
            If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Originally posted by rgingerich View Post
              Rob, I buy all my lumber from Cedar Creek Sawmill in Cambridge 519-621-7780 ask for Wayne, all his lumber is kiln-dri, and is fairly reasonable with pricing as well.
              The people in Hawksville that ges mention all their lumber is green.

It turns out that Wayne can only provide air-dry (10 months or so) in 10x10 dimensions. He didn't think anyone would have kiln-dry 10x10. his price for 297 bf of air-dry pine, cut to size, rough-sawn is $1.75/bf, which sounds reasonable.

Comment

Timeless Materials wants $3.75/bf for reclaimed rough-cut beams and $4.50/bf for reclaimed hand-hewn.

Comment

Working...
                X