X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does Home Depot Rent Cabinet lifters

Originally posted by paul.rothfels View Post
    I built a solid wood, heavy ply cased kitchen a few years ago and lifted the uppers with a homemade lift. Steel, heavy but very functional, operated by a boat winch. It was manufactured in a local school machine shop. The lift works off the floor or off the lowers-on wheels.
    I'm 1.75 hours away from Port Hope. If you wish, you may borrow it anytime. I have no immediate need for it so there's no time limit. If you are interested, contact me before next Tues or there be will a little wait.
    Good luck with the project.
    Thank you so much for the offer

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by matt in golden View Post

I made my own from a series of pics on the internet.

Matt
      That is a really nice lift. Smartly done!!!

I have a Gil-lift and installed cabinets successfully for many years before getting it. Since getting the Gil-lift I would never go back to cabinet jacks. I can stack and screw together a stack of uppers as tall as I can reach in a staging area away from the room I'm installing in, tip the run onto the Gil lift, roll it into place, crank it half way up, go for lunch or wander around looking for my impact, crank it the rest of the way without a helper in less time than than I could with 2 people.

back to the OP. I've never seen a cabinet lift for rent in Ontario. I hope I never do because then I'd be just like everyone else. ;-)

Comment

Working...
      X