Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cnc routers?

Hi everyone!
    I am very interested in purchasing a cnc router to make signs for cottages , man caves etc...
    Although I am having a lot of trouble finding many brands of cnc routers. Any insight on brands, and the best brands wood be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot, Greg
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Cnc routers?

Canadian woodworker has four cnc machines on their website.

https://www.canadianwoodworker.com/w...&Submit=Submit

The two least expensive ones recommend, or include a Bosch Colt router.
    I have no experience with that router.
    In an age when scientists are creating artificial intelligence, too many of our educational institutions seem to be creating artificial stupidity. - Thomas Sowell

Comment

You could check out AXYZ Automation in Burlington. They may have something to suit your needs. We had a 4008 model for 10+ years and now have a 7012 model. They may have smaller models

Comment

I also have an AXYZ. Pretty much bullet proof machines, but don't expect an offshore price.

Comment

I had the Shark Pro HD and returned it. I would not give one house space. Nothing but trouble.
          I now have a Laguna CNC IQ pro and it works great. If the size would suit you I can say that I think it is a great small CNC machine.

Comment

Don't know about the prices or quality but General International has a couple of CNC machines shown on their web site.

T J

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I hold a CNC Forum in the fall. Both hobbyist and professional gather to trade information and knowledge. It's a great place to come if you're looking for machine feedback and software information. the only cost is a donation to cover food costs.

There is no need to own a machine, or software, I just ask that those attend, bring a project to show others and share that information.

John

Comment

We sell both the Laguna and Shark Pro series of CNC. I believe Stephen has a prototype Laguna IQ. While we too feel this will be a great router and does work very well we are not happy with fit and finish at this point in time.

The Shark Pro has been fantastic for us. I am not sure why Stephen had a bad experience but that is in complete contrast to our experience with every single customer we have sold them to.

There are now over 1500 Sharks in USA and Canada running....great reviews too by people who actually purchased them.

The Laguna Swift is a great machine too....it all depends on your budget and what you want to accomplish with the machine.

If you want specific info please PM me and i would be glad to answer questions.

Cole Moore
                Canadian Woodworker Ltd.

Comment

I know, it is a bit late response, but you may be interested to look at Mechmate cnc router. I made it myself and I am very happy. More than 120 of them are built around the world. Help from the forum members is great... And, based on the plans you can build the size you'd like.
                  Milosh

Comment

Working...
                  X