Sleigh bed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleigh bed

A friends daughter is getting married and expressed an interest in buying a sleigh bed form Pottery Barn. I just Googled their site and found this http://www.potterybarn.com/products/...ia-sleigh-bed/

I think the price is for the bed only as I can't see mention of the mattress, but I could be wrong. In any case, at $1600 must be a hell of a comfortable bed. Made in Indonesia of god knows what kind of wood. Think I might look for some plans on the internet.
    If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy. Red Green

Re: Sleigh bed

id say you sould have no problem doing it for a fraction of the price and 100% better quality...

Comment

For $1600 and you only get half a sleigh bed..? Don't sleigh beds general have a foot board as well, which kinda makes them look like a sleigh...?

Comment

Thats what I thought as well. I was perusing the Pottery Barn website and came across a video showing how their furniture is made, In Indonesia. Not saying there aren't craftmen in Indonesia but some of the construction methods don't jibe with a $1600 price tag, for half a sleigh bed no less.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqnDmAr14d0
        If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy. Red Green

Comment

That is only half a Sleigh (although at my height I would like to sleep on it better). My daughter-in-law wanted a Sleigh Bed before I talked her into a Mission Style. I might have some plans, I'll have a look tonight.
          When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Comment

Working...
          X