Looking good!

I`m definitely following this

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• beakie
    replied
    Re: Build Thread...

yes on the Myford.
    I'm waiting on an order for some tooling to arrive, trying to work around not having a few things (IE parting tool)

I am learning a lot just doing this, and referringback to your video now and then to see how you completed yours.

no video, although I would like to do that, may have to ask for a gopro for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• schor
    replied

Looks great.
    I totally missed your 2 prev posts about this, I'll be following along for sure now. Did you get any video? Your doing this on the myford?

Leave a comment:

• beakie
    replied

I know the comp is over, but I wanted to krep at this project regardless.
    after waiting for a proper chuck for my lathe, I've been able to make good progress.

3 basic pieces of main body

where the replaceable tip will thread in

taking shape

main body pretty much finished, and sanded down to 320 to see how it will look... I'm quite happy

just need to decide on the top piece design, tap a hole for the top piece to thread into, and make atleast 1 tip.

I think this will goto my cousin who is a drystone waller, I figure he would use something like this.

Leave a comment:

• beakie
    replied

collected the materials I'll need for the plum bob, and pieces of the hammer.

1' of brass 1.5"dia
    1' of stainless 1.5"dia
    2' of bloodwood

hoping to find time to make headway on one project of another here soon.

Leave a comment:

• beakie
    started a topic Build Thread...

Build Thread...

I didn't say what I am building, as time will dictate which of the projects get started... let a lone completed.

On my list of tools to build are;
    Mallet for chisels, very simple
    Soft faced hammer of brass & Delrin (something simliar) heads, threaded onto stainless steel, with a wooden handle
    Plum bob, of wood, brass, maybe stainless too (similar method, but much smaller/simpler than schor's build)

I would really like to get atleast one of these done for this months event, providing life gives me a bit of time to get going on them. Regardless I will have this list to keep me busy... whenever I am not!
Working...
X