Moving and new garage is smaller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moving and new garage is smaller

Why not just turn that 5th wheel into a shop? Looks much larger than the garage!! Or use it for your add-on. It won't get much use in the winter, will it?

...ken...

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

that's the wifes workshop, LOL!!
      sigpic
      hobby woodworking since 1972

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-20x30 shop warwick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1133306 grizzly shop planner, seems 30 ft in length may work.
        Last edited by Bryan @ Woodstock; 08-12-2017, 01:37 AM. Reason: add Radial Arm Saw
        sigpic

Comment

Looks pretty slick Bryan. Having a compressor and DC in a separate room would be really nice. Just curious, when you begin a project, how do you cut your rough lumber to length and width before jointing?
          sigpicClint in London

Comment

Originally posted by "C" View Post
            Looks pretty slick Bryan. Having a compressor and DC in a separate room would be really nice. Just curious, when you begin a project, how do you cut your rough lumber to length and width before jointing?
            Grizzly Diagram is missing the RAS( not in Grizzly tool inventory ) which will be left of the stroke sander. I typed in its location. To cut the stock to length on RAS that is beside the stroke sanders electric table. I match the height of the RAS, which will give me 8 ft to the right of the saw for support. To the left, I have 2 old cabinets that have pull out drawers at the top. Pulling out one of the top drawers will give support to the left of the RAS. Now for width, it's onto the TS. If the stock is longer than the 1/2 width of the room, then I can move the saw on an angle or move saw toward the door, or turn it 90 deg. Rarely rip anything over 10 ft. Last shop I could do 10 ft without moving the saw. Making trim is the only time I needed more capacity.

I guess the next step is to apply for a building permit!
            Last edited by Bryan @ Woodstock; 08-12-2017, 01:44 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X