Woodriver leveling casters.....opinions...model 149511W

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodriver leveling casters.....opinions...model 149511W

Hi. Anyone using these casters....read lots about them, and other types over the years....seems like a good idea for items not moved often....see below what I'm building and what I want to use the casterson...Thanks, Greg

I am going to build a new outfeed/work table for the shop. The base will be 48 inches long by 42 inches wide, and approx 24 inches tall. On top of the base, I will be building a hybrid type torsion box based on Ron Paulks table with festool grid for dog holes...not looking for absolute flat surface just better that what I have now....the base will have drawers to hold planer, tools, ect.....I will be using 3/4 melamine from Windsor Plywood...think it's called panolam...sormething like that....it's great stuff, built a few shop items out of it so far...doesn't move...already finished minus some edge banding...thinking this thing will weigh quite a bit once done...perhaps 800 pounds or so...seems to be below spec for casters..just wondering if anyone is using these or other brands.
    Thanks, Greg
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Woodriver leveling casters.....opinions...model 149511W

Greg,
    I have those on a 600 lb &1600 lb planers as well as my bandsaw.
    Having temporarily moved to a smaller shop I needed my machines on wheels, no complaints as they work great and easy to dial up/down for moving or locking in place..

Comment

Thanks Yeti, good to hear you are happy with them. I am hoping they are stable once the pads are down on concrete floor and they don't move/slide around. I imagine with lots of weight on them and being rubber they should hold well. Do you mind me asking were you bought yours? I've only looked online and seems like the best pricing is from amazon.com..even paying shipping/import and exchange....
      Thanks again, Greg

Comment

I have ones similar to that under my lathe and I've had them on there for 5-6 years. The only minor disappointment I had with the ones I got is that the rubber foot that extends is a little soft and it compresses a fair bit when it is extended out further to accommodate a very uneven floor. On the plus side, that seems to give it a really good grip on the floor though. Mine are from Great Lakes Casters, but I think they've changed their name since.

Comment

Hi. Thanks Derek. I believe I've heard of that brand of casters, but don't remember seeing them for sale...maybe it's the name change.....hopefully the ones I ordered grip the floor as well. Don't think I'll move the table much, but it will be heavy... and just in case it will give me the option.
          thanks, Greg

Comment

Mine are also from Great Lakes...

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X