• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY Crazy horse

Great idea
    Jerome
    Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
    Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Jerome View Post
      Thanks for the link but I might as well just buy the kit.
      Exactly, spend your time where it produces the most results, which is making the labour intensive base.............Regards, Rod.
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

I'm not telling anyone what to do but I might suggest buying the kit seems worthwhile too. If it's only $100.00 you can go through that pretty quickly trying to engineer something else that may not work as well. This one works and if you look at his videos you can see 4 or 5 of them in his shop. To me the vertical adjustment and holding that position would be critical.

If you absolutely must make your own what will you use for the vertical shaft. Maybe a pipe clamp or a Bessel clamp? How much will that cost?

I'd be curious to hear what someone would think it would cost to replace the kit and what they would use. As mentioned you can blow through a C note pretty fast.
        "Do it Right!"

Comment

Would this work for the top ball? https://www.amazon.ca/Kong-Ball-Dog-...910404631&th=1

Comment

https://www.wayfair.ca/furniture/pdx...ol-wn2627.html

Prebuilt! All ready to go!
            ShoestringMariner likes this.
            Egon
            from
            The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

Bar stool is a good idea as is any office chair with 5 or 6 legs. I think you would need to replace the seat to get the centre point support smaller to prevent tipping over. Any ball on top would work but it needs to be firm and solid. A lacrosse ball sliced in half would work.

I have a 2 wheel roller that I use for heavy doors and sheet goods on edge. Space for horizontal sheets rolling around is the critical consideration. Most guys will not have room.
              "Do it Right!"

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I remember being impressed with the you tube last year, he certainly demonstrates it well. I assume the ball he cast is urethane, it is nice and sticky. 100$ seems pretty fair.
                Rob
                Rusty likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X