Progress pics- New shop build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress pics- New shop build.

As some of you may know, my wife and I decided to relocate from Orillia to Washago a few months ago. House is new construction and still had a number of things needing to be done. One item missing was a dedicated wood shop. I thought I'd share some progress pics as I'm nearing the end of this project and looking forward to getting all of the equipment out of the house garage and into the new shop. There's definitely been some challenges over the past 8 weeks and I need to do quite a bit more back fill and landscaping but getting there... I had built a decent 18x32 shop in Orillia 6 yrs ago and this one is a little bigger at 24x28. 10ft ceilings, radiant flooring, still waiting on a garage door as I write this. My wifes only rules were size and that it had to match appearance of the house ... lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190805_172454.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	1254996 We started out with some challenges due to construction of the house and ended up needing to dig down almost 10ft to hit good soil.

Then started to get a basic foundation for the frost walls.

Name:	20190822_170421.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	1254997 At this point, we joked abut adding a basement to the shop.

Name:	20190828_171941.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	1254998 15 dump trucks later, we have something to work with and can start the actual fun part.

Name:	20190904_160629.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	1254999 Basic frame going up. Decided I wanted a garage door for this shop. Concerned about heat loss but it makes sense.

Name:	20190908_180054.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	1255000 Angle view of the shop coming together.

Name:	20190923_173005.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	1255003 Floor finally ready for pouring. 1/2" pex in place.

Name:	20191002_165541.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	1255005 Shop with stone and siding done.

Name:	20191010_155058.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	1255006 Current status of shop. Taping and mud this week and hopefully start to get the radiant heating ready to go.

Attached Files
    DavidR8, Scott Walsh and 5 others like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Progress pics- New shop build.

Congratulations. That is one nice looking shop.
    Egon
    from
    The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

Nice shop! You'll enjoy being able to work in there, warm in winter and cool in summer and surrounded by peaceful scenery. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
        Nice shop! You'll enjoy being able to work in there, warm in winter and cool in summer and surrounded by peaceful scenery. Nice.
        Yeah thanks... I can look out the back windows and see Lake Couchiching about 150m away...I know where the workbench will be going... thanks again.

Comment

Beautiful shop, you mentioned you’re getting radiant heat but that picture looks like in floor heat. Are you doing both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redbull1989 View Post
            Beautiful shop, you mentioned you’re getting radiant heat but that picture looks like in floor heat. Are you doing both?
            Its Radiant in floor...Std hot water tank with pex. Had the same set up in the other shop and it worked really well. Hopefully this one works as well once completed. Slightly different configuration this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabahfan View Post

Its Radiant in floor...Std hot water tank with pex. Had the same set up in the other shop and it worked really well. Hopefully this one works as well once completed. Slightly different configuration this time.
              A friend had that in his shop also. It looked similar to yours, and all he did was circulate hot water at low pressure around the floor. It worked a treat.

Comment

Very nice shop. What's the reason for no basement? It's almost free space in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by drzaius View Post
                  Very nice shop. What's the reason for no basement? It's almost free space in this case.
                  Money

Comment

Great looking space. I’m supremely envious of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drzaius View Post
                      Yes.. for sure it was just cost. Excavation and cement work alone ran me about $25,000 which was more than I had expected so at this point, I was glad to just get building the actual shop. I did a slab on grade 6 yrs ago and the cost was a fraction of what this one was. Nothing is ever cheap anymore :(

Comment

Working...
                      X