Basement Shop Renovation - Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Basement Shop Renovation - Progress Thread

I have a 10" Bosch glide (50% off CT a while back). It replaced a 12" Ridgid slider.

It's a more accurate saw in my experience and putting it right against the wall is great. DC is better...

I had a nice 10" crosscut blade I got with my first tablesaw and never really used that I put on it, and it works great. I don't ever switch blades though so I wouldn't make that a deciding factor.

10" capacity is lots for me... don't often cross cut thicker than 4" lumber.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I went ahead and bit the bullet and picked up a Bosch 12" glide yesterday evening. It was on sale at Rona and I took their folder to Lowe's for a price match + additional 10% off. So I feel I got a pretty good deal.

I'm actually very excited about setting it up this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by corpaul View Post
        I went ahead and bit the bullet and picked up a Bosch 12" glide yesterday evening. It was on sale at Rona and I took their folder to Lowe's for a price match + additional 10% off. So I feel I got a pretty good deal.

I'm actually very excited about setting it up this weekend
        Right on! Enjoy.

Last time I tried to get the price match +10% from Lowe's on a Rona item, they wouldn't give me the 10%, said Rona wasn't a competitor, it was their "sister store".

Comment

Originally posted by altiplano View Post
          Last time I tried to get the price match +10% from Lowe's on a Rona item, they wouldn't give me the 10%, said Rona wasn't a competitor, it was their "sister store".
          Did you not say in that case they should get their stuff together and carry the same prices period ;) I was actually surprised how easy the price match went, given that the saw was already sold out for a while on the Rona website and in all nearby store locations.

Comment

Working...
          X