• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Clock/Timer

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: Shop Clock/Timer

Comment

I just have a cheap battery operated clock on the wall. I take a mental note of time when I finish a task that requires timing and that's about it. None of the tasks you mentioned require split-second timing. When I want to know the time I just look at, no need for any type of commands to get the data.
      billh
      Redneck Albertan likes this.

Comment

Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Comment

As I am not the music officianado that some are on this forum, I just have a digital clock radio that has an alarm clock on it that I can set if I need to.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Doug G View Post
            I need a clock in my shop since I don't always wear my watch and I was thinking it should be dual purpose and also be a timer for timing glue-up clamp times or recoat times for spray finishes etc. One thing I tried as a timer was my phone using the "OK Google" command to set a timer. That got me thinking that the ideal shop clock/timer would be one that is voice activated so you can ask for the time to be announced or set a timer. I might try an old cell phone plugged in permanently but wondering if anyone has another solution?
            I have an old phone that is plugged into an old stereo for shop music. I'll have to try using it for a timer. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

I have a "Mastercraft sawblade clock" I received some time in the curtained off lathe area. I put batteries in it when they no longer work in remotes, etc, as there's always some power left.
              I have a clock radio I sometimes use, when I'm in the 10x10 shop.
              I have an old bbq thermometer timer clock I use when I'm putting in my earplugs. I think they're the original batteries
              Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
              'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
              "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Comment

https://www.amazon.ca/Pellor-Fitness...dp/B07GKRDQVZ/

Comment

All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
                    - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

drzaius and Kayak Jim like this.

Comment

I use my Ipad
                        Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Working...
                        X