Jessem Master Slide Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessem Master Slide Modification

So having recently acquired one of the coveted Jessem Master Slides and now installed on my GI contractor saw, first I will say how much I love this thing and makes cross cutting so much easier. It is indeed very accurate . The one problem I am having (not sure if it’s me or a design issue on the fence) is a bit of tear out on each cut because of the metal fence not being tight to the blade and the material not supported on both sides of the blade. My first question, Am I doing something wrong? If not, of the many users of this out there, has anybody added an auxiliary fence to the stock fence to make a zero clearance cut (I would have to modify the stop block as well I guess)? Anybody see any problems with this. Looking for ideas to make it better. Thanks in advance.
    Mike
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Jessem Master Slide Modification

I did it. It works. The Tee tracks make it easy to attach. The stop block can be reconfigured to accommodate an extra 3/4” thickness.
    I need to replace mine actually because I accidentally cut off the zero clearance extension when I had the blade raised all the way up.
    Cheers
    Randy

Comment

In situations where I wished to avoid tear out, I used scrap pieces of 1/4” plywood as a backer to the piece being cut, this was not fixed to the fence but was a bit shorter than the cut dimension such that it did not butt to the stop. Numerous cuts could be made with one backer, moving it forward slightly with each cut. Roy
      mikeddd likes this.
      Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy in Thunder Bay View Post
        In situations where I wished to avoid tear out, I used scrap pieces of 1/4” plywood as a backer to the piece being cut, this was not fixed to the fence but was a bit shorter than the cut dimension such that it did not butt to the stop. Numerous cuts could be made with one backer, moving it forward slightly with each cut. Roy
        Indeed. That’s what I have been doing while procrastinating about replacing my sacrificial fence
        Cheers
        Randy

Comment

OK your post got me off my a$$.

Click image for larger version

Name:	File_000 (5).jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1313473
          mike66 and Wally in Calgary like this.
          Cheers
          Randy

Comment

Thanks Randy and Roy. That is exactly what I was looking for. Didn’t realize you could adjust the stop block and that was my biggest concern.

Mike

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

If you get a lot of tear out check your blade for sharpness. A backer is a good idea.

Brian
              Lost in the Woods likes this.
              If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Working...
              X