Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone Loves Seeing Shop Pics, Let's See Yours!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Everyone Loves Seeing Shop Pics, Let's See Yours!!!

Re: Everyone Loves Seeing Shop Pics, Let's See Yours!!!

Dave,

Nice looking shop you've got there. I really like your tool cabinets and how you're having the tablesaw outfeed table doing double duty. But, what's with all those garbage pails?!

Originally posted by rangerdave1 View Post
    Here a few photos of my shop. It is about 440 sq/ft on the second level of my garage. Not large by any means but does the job for me.

the shop is still not completely finished. I still need to finish the closet amd run a few DC lines.
    All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
    - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Nice bright shop Dave.

Comment

Garbage pails are for the saw dust and cut offs which I burn in the stove for heat. I also have other wood for the stove as dust and cut offs wouldnt be enough

Originally posted by MartyFromKingston View Post
        Dave,

Nice looking shop you've got there. I really like your tool cabinets and how you're having the tablesaw outfeed table doing double duty. But, what's with all those garbage pails?!

Comment

Nice shop Dave! Looks very familiar...

Comment

i got some help from my teen daughter, these are upside right!
            shop is only 14x20, everything is on wheels ( except the router table and benches) so i move the machine I'm useing to approximately centre of the room.one change I hope to make is to get rid of the portable dc,having it or a improved version upstairs,with the cyclone at aprox where the planer is,at cieling height ,one or two small runs of pipe and the barrel on the floor where the planer is now
            Last edited by al.m..; 02-13-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

The modest beginnings of my shop. It's in a standard 2 car garage measuring about 20' x 22'.

I think I've found a layout I like --- island in the center with table + outfeed/assembly table. The outfeed table is 4' x 4' and then has 2 modular, extension wings that can slide on some Incra track and get secured to the main table making it an 8' x 4' work surface. I had the MDF tops CNC cut with 3/4" dog holes which are nice when working with my Makita track saw or just using bench dogs for clamping/sanding etc.

My bigger tools are all on the one side for now -- and my next purchase is a cyclone so I'll have to figure out and optimize things when that arrives.

Overall, I'm pretty happy -- now if I were only more competent with the tools
              Last edited by mwarning; 07-30-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Mike,

great start! I'd try to figure out a way to get rid of those two big support posts though...

Originally posted by mwarning View Post
                The modest beginnings of my shop. It's in a standard 2 car garage measuring about 20' x 22'.

I think I've found a layout I like --- island in the center with table + outfeed/assembly table. The outfeed table is 4' x 4' and then has 2 modular, extension wings that can slide on some Incra track and get secured to the main table making it an 8' x 4' work surface. I had the MDF tops CNC cut with 3/4" dog holes which are nice when working with my Makita track saw or just using bench dogs for clamping/sanding etc.

My bigger tools are all on the one side for now -- and my next purchase is a cyclone so I'll have to figure out and optimize things when that arrives.

All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
                - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

I hate it. Too clean and organized.
                  Cheers
                  Randy

Comment

Still a working progress, but this is my hideout.

.com/20181112/1db6d094d796ae86e80789c9945ff33d.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mwarning View Post

How do you find the Incra fence with the Ridgid? I go back and forth between adding that fence or replacing the saw with a more substantial cabinet saw. I'd be interested in your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My shop is currently my dewalt 12" slider, my black and deker workmate, a couple of saw horses set up in what should be the dining room of my new apt, new neighbours love me, lol

Comment

Here's my workshop, about 13ft by 22ft, in my basement but with good dust collection in place. I've always had jobs focused on OH&S so it's not uncommon for me at the end of a day in my workshop to spend a good hour sweeping/vacuuming, and putting all tools back to their drawers and racks. I bought the craftex overarm blade guard several years ago for my previous table saw and kept it when i bought the sawstop. I'm pleased with both and the guard moves easily out of the way when I need to.  

Comment

Bob... like your version of the Workmate.  A very useful item,     Roy
                            Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150585.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	1300620

All the smaller stuff is finally all in one place. About to move to another place. Movers are taking the bigger things.
                              Attached Files
                              More stuff of mine at:
                              http://watertoneworkshop.blogspot.ca/

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5...xPoVDV61AxUdUA

Comment

Working...
                              X