How old is this Oneida system?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old is this Oneida system?

I'm looking at this system but not sure how old it is. yes, I know it's missing the filter.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	$_27.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1137642Click image for larger version

Name:	$_35.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1137643
    Jerome
    Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
    Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: How old is this Oneida system?

any model numbers/measurements?

Comment

Don't know but it looks to be from the time it was all metal (not like now that some parts are plastic), but not too old to have internal filter.
      It's probably a model they used to call Pro (vs Gorilla, which was yellow). They came in 3 and 5HP and were very good units. If the price is right it should be a good unit.

Edit: found this link, check https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/...ion-small-shop
      Last edited by mreza; 09-12-2017, 11:58 PM.
      Remember, we are here to share, learn, and enjoy. Relax.

Comment

Waiting to hear on the model number, the seller says its 2hp. I have written Oneida to see what they think and to get a quote on the filter and plenum.
        Jerome
        Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
        Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....

Comment

Hi Jerome, contact Wellbeck Sawmill, they supplied the filter conversion for mine.

It looks like the 2 HP Pro I installed in my brother's shop.............Regards, Rod.
          Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Thanks for quoting the article I wrote the Canadian Woodworking magazine, Mo!

This is a very different configuration than the Pro series 1500 3 HP unit I had featured in my article. Look carefully at the impeller housing, the joints and pleated top of the tapered cyclone section as well as the support brackets, which were never mounted to the top of the impeller on that series. I think it's older than the Pro series, but as long as it's made of the same, heavy gauge metal as them, it should be able to last many, many years.

I'd recommend you look carefully at the impeller (you should be able to clearly see it by shining a flashlight from either the bottom of the tapered section (separator) or the inlet itself, to check that it'd never had its vanes damaged. If it's still connected to power, you could also check for any imbalance in the impeller, or the status of the motor bearings (these were direct drive units) when it's under power.

Originally posted by mreza View Post
            Don't know but it looks to be from the time it was all metal (not like now that some parts are plastic), but not too old to have internal filter.
            It's probably a model they used to call Pro (vs Gorilla, which was yellow). They came in 3 and 5HP and were very good units. If the price is right it should be a good unit.

Edit: found this link, check https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/...ion-small-shop
            All the best,

Marty

President of Kingston Wood Artisans https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

The seller want's $1600 for it for another $600 I can pick up a dust gorilla pro with the filter right from Oneida I think I will be passing on this. Syracuse is closer than Wellbeck for me.
              Jerome
              Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.

Comment

Not saying that's a good price, but do a careful calculation of all parts included in that deal (any ducting? stand? dust bin? etc etc) and compare the prices. The price of a DC is just 1/2 the total cost at the end.
                Yeti likes this.
                Remember, we are here to share, learn, and enjoy. Relax.

Comment

Working...
                X