Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dust Mask - 3 parts - kids, and how long do you keep using the same one.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Mask - 3 parts - kids, and how long do you keep using the same one.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a dust mask for kids? I am helping my 12 yr old build a canopy for his new aquarium. We have 3m style masks with the exhaust valve in the middle. Mine fits me well, I can feel the mask collapse inwards when I breath in hard. He is using the spare one I have, but I don't think it's giving a good seal. I wonder if Lee Valley will let him try one on in store (kinda gross, but they are $25 if it doesn't fit any better than my $2 mask.

How many sessions do you use a dust mask for? any good storage options? I usually hang mine by the elastic on a piece the handle of my thickness planer, cause it's by the exit from my basement shop. Do you keep on using it until it looks dirty? smells bad or is hard to breath through?

I have 2 Gerson p95 respirators (size large - big asian head). One has about 2 hrs of wear time on it. I used it for spray painting, I've done 2k clear (isocyanates) twice from spray can. I may relegate one of them for dust duty in the shop. Apparently they have about 8hrs of wear time for the P/OV protection. I have to double check
    Pete C.
    http://blog.pjbj.ca
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Dust Mask - 3 parts - kids, and how long do you keep using the same one.

The Lee Valley low profile small size might fit better. I'm a small guy (5'6") tried on the small and it felt way too small for me.

Comment

Re: Dust Mask - 3 parts - kids, and how long do you keep using the same one.

Bought the small one from LV.... Son says it fits unless he smiles.... We'll keep it.... Turns out they have a 90 day return of it didn't fit.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Pete C.
      http://blog.pjbj.ca

Comment

Working...
      X