Dust Bin Level Alarm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Bin Level Alarm

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_115374.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	1166172Click image for larger version  Name:	image_115375.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	1166173Click image for larger version  Name:	image_115376.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	1166174Click image for larger version  Name:	12 Volt Beacon.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.23 MB ID:	1166196Click image for larger version  Name:	Proximity Sensor.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.41 MB ID:	1166198 Click image for larger version  Name:	Power Supply.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	1166201

Hi, here's a set of plans for a dust bin level alarm I built for my cyclone.

The alarm box provides a latching function so that once the high level alarm is triggered, the bin needs to be emptied and the alarm reset by pressing the reset push button.

The output could also drive a relay in your dust collector starter to shut off the collector if you want.

The DC power supply is a type you would use for a laptop computer or LED lighting, be sure to purchase one with a Canadian electrical approval.

The 12 volt beacon has a magnet in the base so I simply mounted a piece of flat bar on the underside of the joist to stick the beacon to.

The power supply for my alarm is plugged into a receptacle connected to the shop lights so it's only on when I'm in the shop...........Rod.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 02-12-2018, 03:34 PM.
    Glenn from Winnipeg likes this.
    Work is the curse of the riding class.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Dust Bin Level Alarm

This looks great, Rod. Thanks for posting this. I like the simple latching function using one of the relay poles.

Where did you get the sensor (I see it on amazon.ca but it has a 1 to 3 weeks shipping time)?

Is there a reason you used 24V power and alarm lights with your 12V supply?

Thanks,
    David

Comment

Re: Dust Bin Level Alarm

Thanks David, yes the sensor was about 3 weeks lead time, however for $5 I wasn't going to start complaining. I adjusted the sensor to trip at about 5cm, should be OK for the dust bin level.

I had the 24 Volt lamps in stock, they work fine on 12 volts so I used them.

Regards, Rod.
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Working...
      X