Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help getting started on dust collection please

Originally posted by Jaybird33 View Post
    Wow nice Don! So you have the 5" main then? Did you get that blower off a single stage d/c? And what hp and cfm? The general I have claims 1600 cfm.
    Yes, 5" main and mounting it high allows for a straight run into the cyclone. A minimum of 4' is recommended.

2 HP/220/8 amp but no documentation on the 11" blower, seems to me it was only rated @ 1000 cfm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - old system.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	614.9 KB
ID:	1166781

Check your impeller size, my friends General was supposed to be 12 3/4" but it was also 11".

Anywho, I wouldn't recommend going with the larger plastic cyclone unless you had a 3 HP collector.

Cheers, Don

Jaybird33 likes this.
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography
    My Acreage Bird Photographs

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Here's the specs that they claimed: http://www.general.ca/products/1_gen...st/10-110.html
      It's the same unit just with a canister. After reading all the replies I know I'd for sure not go with a 4" header. Ideally would like to run 6" now just for future upgrade purposes, provided that my existing blower can move enough CFM though it for now to be effective. Can anyone recommend an affordable instrument to measure the airflow in system? I've looked at a few anemometers online but I really don't know what I'm looking for.
      Last edited by Jaybird33; 02-17-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Yup, that's the one.

At one point my friend was going to sell it to me but we discovered it only had an 11" impeller.

Anywho, if you go with 6" pipe you will simply have less velocity. If you are careful with your bends it shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers, Don
        Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
        Product Photography
        My Acreage Bird Photographs

Comment

Working...
        X