Question about pressure equalization hose for dust bin garbage bag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about pressure equalization hose for dust bin garbage bag

John, maybe saying there is not vacuum at the inlet is not accurate. My understanding is that in the ducts as well as the top of the cyclone body and going into the middle outlet there is lots of air movement; at the bottom of the cyclone body and in the bin there is almost no air movement and there is low pressure (vacuum). If it was me I would simply add the hose to the lid of the bin which easy easy to drill a hole to and the hose will be very short and it equalizes the pressure inside and outside the bag easily.
    Remember, we are here to share, learn, and enjoy. Relax.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Rod Sheridan View Post

Maybe you should build the bin level detector I posted

regards, Rod.
      After the 2 nd time I bought a bin sensor, not sure how it got past me the 3rd time.

Comment

Interesting explanation Mo, unfortunately I have no way of testing so it's up to the OP. The nice thing about the Clearvue is you can see the cyclonic action and believe me there's was a lot of movement in that tornado, inlet, top, middle and bottom. Look forward to hearing the results.

Comment

I have a CV and maybe at some point could try that myself. I simply use a metal liner to hold the bag down since I have to pull the bin out of the "closet" to empty it and the hose connected to the bin is simply too much on the way; so easier option is the metal liner...
          Remember, we are here to share, learn, and enjoy. Relax.

Comment

You may be onto something with that idea, Wally, because it used to work like a charm. Operator inattention (that's me...) to necessary maintenance may be the culprit for me!

Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post

It could be that your foam is full of dust and is too fine for the job. Every second or third bag that I empty I blow the Red sanding pad off that I used to cover my fitting. Just a thought Marty.
            All the best,

Marty

President of Kingston Wood Artisans https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

David,

With the hose entering the bin through the wall, it's out of the way for when I pull the drum out to get at the bag inside the drum. If it were on the bottom of my drum, because there's no wheels underneath, it'd likely crimp it off and render it useless.

I'm glad to hear that others have chimed in with their thoughts, as it'll enable us to get to the bottom of this issue.

Originally posted by DGB_WAT View Post

Hi Marty,
              Can you explain more about why the hose needs to go through the wall of the bin? Could I not get the same effect if I made the sandwich of foam on top of the brass nipple?

I don't believe I have enough suction to hold the bag to the bottom of the bin. When I hold my hand over the end of the hose, I don't feel much suction. If I spread that out with a sandwich of foam, the suction will feel even less. I connected my shop vac to the nipple and it draws so much air that it pulls the bag tight against the maroon sanding pad I have on the inside of the bin. Once the bag is tight to the pad, it cuts off the suction. This tells me that I need to use something like the sandwich of foam you describe so the air cannot be cut off. I'll give that a try, but I don't think that will fix this problem since there is so little suction.

I'll be sure to report my progress on this thread in case there is anything useful for you.

David
              All the best,

Marty

President of Kingston Wood Artisans https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by MartyFromKingston View Post
                David,

With the hose entering the bin through the wall, it's out of the way for when I pull the drum out to get at the bag inside the drum. If it were on the bottom of my drum, because there's no wheels underneath, it'd likely crimp it off and render it useless.

I'm glad to hear that others have chimed in with their thoughts, as it'll enable us to get to the bottom of this issue.

Hi Marty,
                I hope you are enjoying your time in the south. We had "southern" weather here yesterday with a high near +13.

I decided to delay my investigation of the pressure equalization hose until I get the rest of my system set up. As it is, I have not had as much time as I would like in the shop :-(

Take care,
                David

Comment

Working...
                X