Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton portable 2 stage dust collector

Hi.
    My shop is a dust bowl and it is getting in the house. I was wondering if anyone has tried the portable dayton 2 stage. In reading many post i think the 2 stage is the better way to go. this is 1.5 hp. and is about 500
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Dayton portable 2 stage dust collector

I saw that Grainger is advertising that DC as a 2-stage. I think that's misleading advertising, as the only pre-separation of dust and chips appears to be a poor-man's Thien separator, similar to the ones Lee Valley used to sell. To me, it's just a single-stage DC.

Oh, by the way, the filter only goes down as low as 5 micron, which doesn't provide the required health protection necessary.
    All the best,

Marty

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

thank you I was worried about the 5 micron bag. . In the summer I just use fans in the windows and shop vac for ROS. I dont want to buy a unit that does not do anything I once had a BB $ 200 special and that was about equal to the shop vac. I will keep looking maybe a 2 stage will show up on kijiji

Comment

Originally posted by 8ntractor View Post
        Hi.
        My shop is a dust bowl and it is getting in the house. I was wondering if anyone has tried the portable dayton 2 stage. In reading many post i think the 2 stage is the better way to go. this is 1.5 hp. and is about 500
        That bag will never have fine enough filtration to do the job for you. Keep looking for something with filtration in the less than 1 micron range.

Comment

Working...
        X