Sawstop Dust collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawstop Dust collection

I'm in the process of hooking up my new to me 5hp Oneida high vacuum dust collector. I would like to run a 6" to the saw and a 4" to the overarm. I do have an issue that the saw uses a 4" flex inside the saw to the blade and what I think is 1.5 to their over arm. Here is my idea cut a 6" hole in the bottom of the saw (the saw is on the second floor and the DC is downstairs) and just drop the bottom of the 4" into the pipe this would also keep the cabinet clean as dust does gather in it. I will also run a 4" up the wall and over to the over arm which would also be suspended from above and transition down to the existing guard. does this make sense? Of course, I would put a plate over the existing hole.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1797.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	1196823Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1798.JPG
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	1196824Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1800.JPG
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	1196825Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1802 upright.jpg
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	1196822

Of co
    Attached Files
    Jerome
    Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
    Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Sawstop Dust collection

Hi Jerome,
    I have the saw stop, 3 HP with 52” rails with the same hose/overarm as yours. I also have the clearvue cyclone (5 HP) with a single 4” line connected to the saw as is. It works fine.
    I would think yours would work fine as it is.

Regards,
    Dan

Comment

I have a V-5000 & have a 6" line going to a reducer at the 4" saw (PCS) port. It does a great job of clearing the dust out of the cabinet. I think the key is the shroud around the blade. I do have a 2.5" flex dropping from an overhead duct to the guard & it works very well.

Comment

Like drzaius I have a 6” line reducing right at the saw to 4” and it works well. My saw is one of the earlier ICS models and with my 3hp cyclone I still get some dust in the cabinet. Not enough to worry about cleaning it out until I go and service (lube) the machine.

Edit: I just noticed the OP is four months old. Jerome probably has finished hooking his dust collection up to his saw by now.
        Last edited by mikeddd; 12-22-2018, 04:25 PM.
        Mike @ Buck Lake

Comment

Originally posted by mikeddd View Post
          Like drzaius I have a 6” line reducing right at the saw to 4” and it works well. My saw is one of the earlier ICS models and with my 3hp cyclone I still get some dust in the cabinet. Not enough to worry about cleaning it out until I go and service (lube) the machine.

Edit: I just noticed the OP is four months old. Jerome probably has finished hooking his dust collection up to his saw by now.
          I wish I have had the time to get it hooked up so still good information

Jerome
          Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
          Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....

Comment

Working...
          X