What is the overall best cyclone. Collector for under $2,000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the overall best cyclone. Collector for under $2,000

I am looking at baeileigh grizzly jet Oneida etc.. hard choice but am thinking 3 hp. I have a 20 by 40 shop with 15 foot ceiling. Only use one machine at a time, but plan running quite a bit of pipeing. What would you get and why?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: What is the overall best cyclone. Collector for under $2,000

Forget about hp.
    look at performance
    oneida will far out perform the other two dollar for dollar

Comment

I second the Oneida; they have a great product and great service.

I've got a 2HP system that I bought off kijiji and it is working great for me for a slightly smaller shop than you. You can see my setup thread here

Good luck with your decision.

David

Comment

Oneida is obviously a quality system but I personally feel that the others you mentioned have also have pulled up their socks when it comes to quality. I bought a used Torit cyclone for $75 and connected inline to a Kraemer 2 bag system that I also bought used for $300. The Kramaer is a 5 hp unit , made in Canada and Torit being manufactured in your country and is a huge company and been around forever. . You will find that Oneida has a lot of fans on this forum and very little exposure to other brands other than those that were available 20 years ago. I would also check other forums to get a variety of opinions, SMC would be a good one. My shop is 28 x 48 and something I was told when I set up 15 years ago is to set up your machinery that uses the DC as close to DC as possible

Brian
        Last edited by Brian @ Muir; 01-04-2019, 07:46 AM.
        If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Might add Clearvue to your list ...

Comment

Commercial shops generally use a bag house set up and they are cheap second hand partly because they are too tall for small hobby shops.
            Rob

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Oneida will do your duct design for you if you send them a shop layout and your requirements.........Well worth it unless you want to do the calculations yourself, they'll also let you know which of their models will have the required performance for your application.

I have one of their cyclones in a hobby shop, works great.............Rod.
              Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

I have an older Oneida 2HP in my shop, works great! People at Oneida were a big help too even though I bought this collector used.

I would consider Clearvue too, if you are interested in going up to 5HP, the EF5 looks good but would be over budget...

Comment

Working...
                X