Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.25" elbows for Shopvac

Hello all,

I am gathering parts to make a cyclone barrel lid, but have had no luck finding a elbow that fits the 1 1/4" shop vac hose. I wandered the parts isles in CTC, with a hose in hand but nothing on the shelf fit.

Closest i got was one i could tape on the end as they were the same size. I'm hoping for a slip fit so the vac can be removed easily for other tasks.

I have the 22.7L version (54-0224-0 CTC) that is on sale this week. I wish i had the power to run the larger ones but i only have a 20A 120v service to the shop.

Main intent is for use it with the sander and the router.

Also considering building a filter box on top of the cyclone lid as a pre filter before the vac. Is this worth it?

All builds will be built to allow the 2 1/2" fittings down the road if i do go that way. But upgrading the shop power is a 400' run so low chances.

Thanks,
    Joe
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: 1.25" elbows for Shopvac

Joe you said elbow and this is not but...

https://www.busybeetools.com/product...ollection.html

or item f

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...=1,42401,62620

Last edited by TedBrown; 04-16-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Hi, I bought the Dust Deputy cyclone for the shop vacuum. It works great, separation is really good.

I wouldn't try making one myself...............Regards, Rod.
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Joe,

While your hose is 1-1/4" your vac has a 2-1/2" receptacle so I would build with 2-1/2" right from the beginning. I used item A from the Lee Valley link above:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0005 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1233753

Cyclone to vacuum will always be 2-1/2" but if you need to run a 1-1/4" hose to the tool to allow for moving it, use item E from the same page.

Kevin
        Jackets likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TedBrown View Post
          Joe you said elbow and this is not but...
          Thanks Ted, i seen one of the stepped adapters in CTC with the hose. but was looking for the right angle to get the flow pointed.

Originally posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
          ...I wouldn't try making one myself...............Regards, Rod.
          Hi Rod,
          I am heistant to pay 150+ for an item i can make for the cost of fittings. From all i have read i have no doubt they work great though. Thanks.

Originally posted by KevinK View Post
          Joe,

While your hose is 1-1/4" your vac has a 2-1/2" receptacle so I would build with 2-1/2" right from the beginning....
          Thanks Kevin, I total overlooked that fact.

That will allow me to use an adapter on the hose i have. stepping up at the collector and not affect the smaller hose flow rate.

Thanks guys i think we can call this solved now, Cheers
          Joe

Comment

Controlled tests have proven that a cyclone, such as the Dust Deputy, are far better than the various barrel lid separators. It's only about $75 for the Oneida, or about $25 for a no-name brand. You'll probably spend more than that on fittings & hardware.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X