Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Close OEM PN or supplier for Nanofiber Cartridge Filter (like Wynn, Canada source)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close OEM PN or supplier for Nanofiber Cartridge Filter (like Wynn, Canada source)?

I see many related posts, but couldn’t find definitive information from someone whose gone down this path before. Essentially I am looking for the closest equivalent OEM Filter Cartridge Part Number (or a direct source), to order (or have made) a Nanofiber Filter Cartridge to replace the bag on my 2HP Dust collector.

As far as I can tell, the specifications of the “Wynn” equivalent are:

17.5” OD x 26” Height Nanofiber (Merv 15) Open Ends (or 1 closed end), Round, external expanded mesh cage, no flange, approx 226sq ft of surface area.

The interior circumference of my Craftex dust collector is 19” so anything roughly close would work, and I can mount it permanently on a plywood flange as needed, but to fit inside would be easier than re-engineering.

Can anyone help me source such a beast? I am between Burlington and Hamilton in Ontario. I have some feelers out to the local cartridge manufacturers but not sure yet whether they would sell one offs.

Thank you!
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Close OEM PN or supplier for Nanofiber Cartridge Filter (like Wynn, Canada source)?

One of the closest I can find searching the internet seems to be this one that has a Donaldson equivalent number of P19-1238 (but its hard to determine if that is the correct PN from Donaldson Torit’s own site):

https://filterprofessor.com/products...31326248894595

(But UPS shipping to Canada is $71, so there must be a better way.)
    Last edited by websherpa; 01-30-2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Re: Close OEM PN or supplier for Nanofiber Cartridge Filter (like Wynn, Canada source)?

Just so you know, most industrial filters are designed for the air to flow from outside to inside. It is done to allow for pulses of high pressure air to blow the dust cake off while the machines are running to keep them clean. The Wynn filters for small DCs have the filter material reversed (some are layered) to allow for the air to flow from inside to outside. It may not make a big difference but it is up to you to decide.

Pete
      websherpa likes this.

Comment

Some other places to try that might have a better shipping rate.

https://damnfilters.com US

https://bgecleanair.com Canadian. Look in their cartridge collectors and then down the PDF and there is a section with the cartridges they sell for it.

https://www.camfil.com/en-ca/product...tridge-filters Canadian.

http://www.maddocksgroup.com Canadian.

Pete

websherpa likes this.

Comment

Thank you for the great information QC Inspector / Pete. Although likely not horribly important to me, I’ll ask the suppliers about reversing the filter (I will bet they will say “Don’t bother, or order 100.”

I have a call into Maddocks.

I also got an email back from Fab Tex fabtexfilters.com here in Burlington, ON that I will put here for others (I think there is a user @Gary from my own town that went this same route recently, I will have to reach out to him in case he bough a spare to halve the setup cost:

Qty: 1 Filter cartridge, 17.625” OD x 12.25” ID x 26” Lg, Open/Open with ½” sq. gsk at one end only, EM outer core, No inner core, Nanofiber FR, 312 Pls, 225 sq. ft., @ $125.35 ea. + a $30.00 set up fee for qty of one., FT P/N – AV267X713

Qty: 1 Same as above except Open/Closed no bolt hole, @ $126.35 ea. + $30.00 set up fee for qty of one., FT P/N – BV267X713

These would be Merv 15 Nanofibre so “close” to the Wynn filters (other than the expected airflow if that causes a sufficient difference).

Del: 2 wks ARO
          FOB: Burlington, ON
          Terms: Visa or M/C
          corpaul and Filtergirl like this.

Comment

The second one is the one I got. Looks like the price has come down since I was quoted, maybe because I bought that first one and they have the pattern ready.
            The first one looks to be useful if you want to stack filters. I don't see mention of a cap (open/open). Probably not a useful option unless you have a very large collector.
            If it weren't for covid you could come have a look. Message me directly and I'll send you some pictures.

Comment

Update: I did get an email back from Maddocks in Hamilton, they said they do this cartridge fairly frequently for woodworkers, however they were $89 MORE expensive for the same thing than FAB-Tex in Burlington.
              Filtergirl likes this.

Comment

Here's the filter I got from Fab Tex. The gasket they installed on the bottom is in a ring about an 1/8" bigger around than the flange it is mated to. You can see the white foam gasket I applied to close the gap, although I would still like to put another gasket on the edge of that flange (like you would put on the edge of a car door, only thinner). This one is 3/4" wide by 5/16", minimum compression.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50929933026_5f8a1ce8b3_k.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	613.3 KB
ID:	1317059

Name:	50929932981_f3d6a6b965_k.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	500.5 KB
ID:	1317060
                The clamps are made from hose clamps. I used 4 of them. I guessed at 2" diameter, but I would suggest 1.5" is probably better. I just cut the band (Dremel) about where the lower end needed to be and bent the last quarter inch in the vice with a hammer. Pliers bent it the rest of the way, about 160 degrees. The top was cut to fit and I ended up cutting all the solid part of the band away so the bend is in the slotted area and isn't as strong. The shorter hose clamp might prevent that. I might suggest that the lower part be a bit longer so it's easier to get a screw driver on there. Or just flip it entirely. I couldn't find my nut driver or it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Name:	50929932891_319f53ba31_k.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	1317061
                Suction seems noticeably improved, but I don't have any way to quantify that. You can see I lined the inside of the DC housing with a piece of counter laminate. That covers all the assembly screws and corners and cavities inside the housing, so might help reduce turbulence. Whether this improves anything at all remains to be seen.
                Filtergirl likes this.

Comment

In the end, I decided I am going to re-engineer my dust collector in a different way (not sure if this was the wisest choice, but it appealed to me as a project). So I ordered a different sized filter from Fab-Tex Burlington, ON that is more like a Wynn 13F230NANO. Price was better, filtering area about the same. Fab-Tex DOES reverse the filter fabric to account for dust coming up the middle of it (unlike some truck filters that are designed to filter outside air inwards - although they do still work).

Fab-Tex has been a terrific company to work with (as was Maddox, but their pricing was higher), and went above and beyond in terms of accommodating my request. I haven’t received the filter yet. I am close by so I can pick it up, shipping costs are another thing entirely.

Here are the specs I ordered for a slimmer, taller filter (I am using a Dust Deputy so went without an inner core (although most filter cartridges purpose built for 1 stage dust collectors don’t have them):
                  Qty: 1 Filter cartridge, 12.75” OD x 8.4” ID x 36” Lg, Open/Open with ½” sq. gsk at one end only, EM outer core, No inner core, Nanofiber FR(Facing Inside), 220 Pls, ~220 sq. ft., @ $104.35 ea. + a $30.00 set up fee for qty of one., FT P/N – AN367V713 (I believe that’s the re-order number for Fab-Tex, but I will correct this once I receive the filter).

I originally quoted for the Wynn 34” long size, but as a sheet of nano fibre filter material is 36” wide, they kept the same cost for the added two inches (which got the square footage of filtering area back up in the neighbourhood of the shorter fatter version filter that I more easily mounted to an existing single stage dust collector.
                  I am macguyvering a unit similar to this plan: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/6838...llection-plans (photo attached)

Putting this info here for future hobbyists deciding to do the same conversion.
                  Attached Files
                  Filtergirl likes this.

Comment

Interesting thread, I'm going to contact them for a replacement cartridge for my Delta 50-850 I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper than $400 for a similar King branded filter or over $600 for remaining Delta branded ones

Comment

Hi Guys!

Let me introduce myself, I am Filtergirl/Jackie, Fab-Tex is my family business and I am thrilled to see some mentions here so I thought I'd join the party! Thank you guys for finding and recommending us (Websherpa and Gary), it means a lot!

Fab-Tex Filtration is one of only 2 remaining Filter Cartridge MANUFACTURERS in Canada so we appreciate the shout-outs! Located in Burlington, ON for over 25 years, we have built a solid reputation as a reliable and knowledgeable filtration partner to large and small customers alike. We would be happy to help you create the right filter for your home dust collection application. My Dad started this business over 25 years ago and is also a fellow woodworker with a dust collection system in his basement workshop, so we know the drill.

I noticed Gary mention having to alter a gasket placement to align with his system, these are the type of changes we can customize, as well as any other aspect of the filter (height, pleat counts, filtering media, cages and screens, sizing, bolt holes) We will make sure you receive the right filter for your application from the get-go. Our motto is 'We make Filters. Better'. Better than off the shelf, better than mass-produced filters that don't fit quite right, we will make a filter that is just right for YOUR application! So we can fix that gasket for you next time Gary!

We would be happy to hear from any members here who are looking for a high-quality "Made in Canada" custom filter for their home dust collection systems.

Call us at 905-335-1012 or check out our website www.fabtexfilters.com

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Jackie aka Filtergirl

Comment

Originally posted by Filtergirl View Post
                        Hi Guys!

Let me introduce myself, I am Filtergirl/Jackie, Fab-Tex is my family business and I am thrilled to see some mentions here so I thought I'd join the party! Thank you guys for finding and recommending us (Websherpa and Gary), it means a lot!

Fab-Tex Filtration is one of only 2 remaining Filter Cartridge MANUFACTURERS in Canada so we appreciate the shout-outs! Located in Burlington, ON for over 25 years, we have built a solid reputation as a reliable and knowledgeable filtration partner to large and small customers alike. We would be happy to help you create the right filter for your home dust collection application. My Dad started this business over 25 years ago and is also a fellow woodworker with a dust collection system in his basement workshop, so we know the drill.

I noticed Gary mention having to alter a gasket placement to align with his system, these are the type of changes we can customize, as well as any other aspect of the filter (height, pleat counts, filtering media, cages and screens, sizing, bolt holes) We will make sure you receive the right filter for your application from the get-go. Our motto is 'We make Filters. Better'. Better than off the shelf, better than mass-produced filters that don't fit quite right, we will make a filter that is just right for YOUR application! So we can fix that gasket for you next time Gary!

We would be happy to hear from any members here who are looking for a high-quality "Made in Canada" custom filter for their home dust collection systems.

Call us at 905-335-1012 or check out our website www.fabtexfilters.com

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Jackie aka Filtergirl

Hi Jackie - It's great to have you on the forum. I plan to bookmark your site so I know where to go the next time I need a filter. I've dealt with Wynn Environmental in the past, but I would much rather deal with your company since you are local. Thanks for introducing yourself.

David

Comment

I ended up ordering one today. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Mine arrived last weekend, so ~3 weeks including shipping to Alberta. Looks like great quality, I just need some time to install it In retrospect I probably should have ordered one that is open on the top AND bottom since my installation plans changed a bit.

Comment

Working...
                            X