Delta AP400 Canister Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta AP400 Canister Filter

I am working with a local company in Canada (Maddocks) to construct a canister filter to replace my upper bag. They are thinking on this:

85/15 Nanofiber Merv 15
    17.5" OD X 11" ID
    26" Long
    280 Pleats (234 sq. ft.)
    Outer screen only
    Open/Closed
    1/2" x 1/2" Gasket on open end

I am looking to verify that the ID is correct. I can't measure it myself until I am home tonight and was also looking for overall insight on the filter itself.

Thank you.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Delta AP400 Canister Filter

Not an answer to your question, but this thread may be helpful https://forum.canadianwoodworking.co...-canada-source

Comment

Busy Bee sells canister filters in different sizes, have you checked them?
      sigpic
      hobby woodworking since 1972

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan @ Woodstock View Post
        Busy Bee sells canister filters in different sizes, have you checked them?
        The Asian paddle filters are 50% to 100% higher in price over a domestically made industrial filter and the filter media is an unknown. By that I mean there is no standard to compare them to so you don't know exactly what you are getting. There is another potential issue with them and that is the paddles. There is no way of knowing when they will wear holes in the filter media, letting the dust through. The advantage to them is they fit up to the DC without having to adapt them.

As another indicator about their quality. I had a couple dozen Donaldson Torit filters from the downdraft tables and booths where I worked. They were plugged up and were getting tossed. I took them to McWinn ( https://www.mcwinnfiltercleaningsystems.ca/about-us ) to have them cleaned so I could use them. When I first walked through the door the guy was hesitant to come outside for a look because he thought they were the Asian ones. When he saw they were not he was fine with cleaning them for me. He said the Asian ones disintegrate in his machine so he won't touch them. The ones made here can be cleaned at least 3 times or more before they won't pass inspection after cleaning. A short time later the company finally started listening to me and sent out the filters rather than tossing them. Should have kept quiet.

Pete

Comment

Thank you for the help. I sent an email to Fab-Tex as well now to get a quote. It seems that one of the owners is here and has posted in the link provided above, so hopefully they will already have a good idea what I need.

Comment

I have one of the cannister filters from Busy Bee, I bought 5 or 6 years ago for my Delta AP400 dust collector. Don't know what efficiency it is but it wasn't a perfect fit, I used a length of old garden hose as an o ring to get a seal between the OD of the collector and the ID of the cannister. No sign of damage caused by the flapper but I don't use them often. If the price is reasonable, I think getting one made where you know what your getting is a better idea.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Was able to source a Filter cartridge, 17.625” OD x 12.25” ID x 26” Lg, Open/Closed with ½” sq. gsk, no BH, EM outer core only, MERV 15 Nanofiber - Efficiency 99.66% @ 0.33 micron, 330 Pls, 238 sq. ft.

Cost $180. I will need to fab up a doughnut to get a good seal to the DC. While I'm waiting I'll get going on my separator. Fun times indeed!

Comment

Working...
              X