clear bottom bags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear bottom bags

Are all the clear bottom bags for a dust collector the throw away kind or does someone make a perment clear bag?

Re: clear bottom bags

I'm not aware of any "permanent" clear bags. On my Steel City unit, I used the bottom bags 4 or 5 times before they get too stretched to pull out between the two front legs (I don't have very good access to pull out a full bag from the side). Then I dump the plastic bag into the paper leaf bags and put out for pick-up.

I finally bought the plastic bags from Busy Bee with the "belt loop" design which allows me to use my metal strap and holds the bag round and in place when I'm replacing it. It makes remounting the empty bag a lot easier. I'm still on my first bag so I don't know how many uses I'll get.

http://www.busybeetools.com/products...S-5PC-1HP.html

...Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne - Oakville View Post

I finally bought the plastic bags from Busy Bee with the "belt loop" design which allows me to use my metal strap and holds the bag round and in place when I'm replacing it. It makes remounting the empty bag a lot easier. I'm still on my first bag so I don't know how many uses I'll get.

http://www.busybeetools.com/products...S-5PC-1HP.html

...Wayne
      If you want an easy way to put on a lower bag just use a few rare earth magnets to hold it in place while you fiddle with the belt.

I don't know of a permanent bag.
      Cheers

Tim

www.timbowdin.com

'If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem'

Comment

Originally posted by Tim in Milton View Post
        If you want an easy way to put on a lower bag just use a few rare earth magnets to hold it in place while you fiddle with the belt.

I don't know of a permanent bag.
        Ditto the use of a half dozen rare earth magnets (smallest size is fine) while reattaching the bag.

I've used a clear plastic bag (gotten from Busy Bee) dozens and dozens of time before going to a new one. You can also patch a small hole/tear with duct/packaging tape as long as you apply it on the inside surface of the bag so that the dc air pressure aids to keep it in place.

michael

Comment

The clear bags are nice but you can also use the contractor's 'clean-up bags' in a pinch. If you haven't seen or used them before, they are extra large,heavy weight green plastic bags. I emptied them into a paper yard waste bag and put out for yard waste pickup just as Wayne suggested.

Comment

the reason i want clear bags is so i can see when it is getting full. Planing 16" 4/4wide pine boards it don't take long??

Comment

If I'm planing a lot I just put a garbage bin with a separator lid in line. Much quicker and easier to empty.
              Cheers

Tim

www.timbowdin.com

'If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem'

Comment

Great suggestion on the magnets. I've also heard of replacng the aluminum strap with a toggled cord to further reduce the fiddle factor.
                Last edited by kerfin; 03-12-2012, 04:10 AM.

Comment

I was using the clear bags and they were a real heavy, I believe a 6 mil bag, and bought a box of 50 from Chester Van Ness. I paid approx $75. When I needed more I went to a Tool store, not mentioning names, amd the same bags were about $3.50 a bag. Found the same 6 mil bag at a janitorial supply company for about .80 cents a piece. I struggled also until someone mentioned the rare earth magnets, even better than the BB and I used just 3 magnets.
                  Brian
                  If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I've used two plastic bags... and emptied them about 60-75 times each. What are you guys doing to ruin your bags so quick? My Steel City DC has 4 clips that hold the bag so you can attach it easily.

C
                    sigpicClint in London

Comment

Working...
                    X