• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewSmith View Post
    No
    Hi Andrew,

Apologies for not replying sooner but I haven't logged in for a while and the email my address changed. It appears that the Photobucket picture hosting site has moved to a paid service which means that all the photos linked to over the years will be un-viewable. That's a shame but I guess they finally worked out that they have to make some money.

If you have any questions ask away, only I can't guarantee to know the answer any more

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• AndrewSmith
    replied
    No

Leave a comment:

• Randy in Calgary
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewSmith View Post
    Hi Wayne

Can you please save the images from photobucket and upload them to this forum instead, so we can see them?

Thanks
    Did you notice the OP was from 2013?

Leave a comment:

• AndrewSmith
    replied
    Hi Wayne

Can you please save the images from photobucket and upload them to this forum instead, so we can see them?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• A replacement system for a failed Oneida wireless remote receiver

A few years back the Oneida supplied remote wireless receiver failed (a known problem) so I've been using the manual on/off button's (green and red button below) on the control box ever since. I've always wanted to automate the DC with the combo and bandsaw machines so upon start up the DC would come on automatically. Using an existing home automation system (ISY), a few relays, current sensors and an Insteon micro open/close module it's working.

Since each woodworking machine has its own circuit it was easy to connect the current sensors at the breaker panel, once the current sensor detects current flow (a machine has started) it sends the information to the ISY and turns on the DC using the Insteon Micro Open/Close module. One nice thing about using the home automation system was that it has the functionality for users to write programs to control the equipment i.e the DC stop delay logic in the form of a timing program. So it was just a matter of deciding how long to leave the DC running after each machine was switched off and writing a program for it. The other part of the system was to incorporate an Insteon remote control into the mix which allows the DC to be controlled independently of the machines. This was all relatively straight forward with ISY and Insteon as wireless control is already part of this system, it just required purchasing an additional dedicated remote control for the workshop.

Some of the parts I needed to purchase, the most expensive parts I already had in place. This system also seamlessly integrated into the existing Oneida control panel which was important because of it's safety features.

Whilst most people wouldn't go this route because most folks wont have the ISY and ECM1240, the information is still useful because you can still use the Insteon Micro Open/Close module on its own with an Insteon remote control. There are even cheaper options that could be used in place of Insteon so the circuit diagram would still be useful to anyone that has a failed Oneida wireless remote receiver. The only difference is that the DC would be controlled by the operator instead of the machines.

Regards, Wayne

Purchased:
    2 x MY2N Omron relays
    1 x Insteon Micro Open/Close Module
    1 x Insteon Remote control
    1 x plastic box (to house relays)

Circuit diagram:

Oneida control panel on left, relays in grey box on right:

Here you can see the two relays, one is connected as normally closed, the other normally open. The small white box in the lower center is the Micro Open/ Close module

The white box on the right is an ECM1240 home energy monitor from which the current sensors connect to the individual circuits in the
    electrical panel. The blue box on the left is just a wireless gateway device that does the actual communication over the network.
    Last edited by Wayne; 09-02-2013, 02:42 PM.
Working...
X