Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grizzly G0440 - purpose of the vacuum hose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzly G0440 - purpose of the vacuum hose?

Hi Guys..I've had the Grizzly G0440 running for about a year now, never any problems. However I've noticed suction seems to be down and the bag under the cannister filter assembly seems to be filling up almost as fast as the drum itself. (Normally I could go several drum changes before it would be worth emptying the bag under the filter). I've checked all main lines and everything seems fine. What is the purpose of the small vacuum line on the drum? Should I be checking it for restrictions?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Grizzly G0440 - purpose of the vacuum hose?

That hose to the drum is likely to keep a plastic bag in the drum
    I'm only responsible for what i say, not for what you understand.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, You have an electrical problem.

Comment

When was the last time you cleaned the filter, and I do not mean just using the internal cleaning brush? If the reduction in CFM is not being caused by that, I would check all connections prior to the impeller. If it is leaking, then the air volume in the cyclone would not be sufficient for proper separation. If you have to empty the bag every couple of bin fulls, then I am saying that you are letting the bin get too full. I use a Super Dust Deputy with a 2hp single stage. I have a 55 gal drum on the SDD. I hardly ever have to empty the bag on the DC, unless I do not monitor the drum and it fills up.
      The small hose from the unit to the canister is to keep a bag from collapsing. This could be another issue. If the vacuum is not working properly and you use a bag, then the bag would eb getting sucked up into the cyclone, reducing CFM and not letting proper separation occur.
      Mike

Comment

Sounds like the drum is not sealed against the lid. If any air gets in the drum from outside, there is enough flow to prevent the chips from dropping into the drum. Make sure the bag in the drum is not wrinkled where the lid attaches and that is correctly sealed.

I had this problem with my cyclone and the filter bag was filling up almost as fast as the drum.
        the other Ken
        ------
        "Each flitch, each board, each plant can have only one ideal use. The woodworker, applying a thousand skills, must find that ideal use and then shape the wood to realize its true potential" - George Nakashima

Comment

Thanks guys. I will check the seal around the drum and take the filter out for a full cleaning....it is likely way overdue. I have definitely been caught a couple times recently with the drum filled up before I noticed. I'm also using cherry for the 1st time instead of my usual oak so wasn't sure if that made any difference.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
          X