4" 90 deg elbow fitting for dewalt 735 planer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" 90 deg elbow fitting for dewalt 735 planer

Anybody know of a 4" 90deg elbow fitting that will friction fit on the dust outlet of a Dewalt 735? I have a 4" flex hose on there now and to make the bend the hose flops all over the place and the wood coming out sometimes catches the hose and pops it off, and as we know, the blower on these things will chuck chips 20+ feet so it makes a huge mess when the hose comes off.

Looking for fitting that will go on the outlet and let me attach the 4" flex on the other side. The King fitting at the local lumberyard is the same size as the outlet, so it won't fit on, I would need an adapter and I am trying to avoid that.
    I'm only responsible for what i say, not for what you understand.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, You have an electrical problem.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: 4" 90 deg elbow fitting for dewalt 735 planer

http://www.rockler.com/dust-right-quick-connect-4-elbow

here ya go
    I dream of a better world, one where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Comment

Brian, I leave a loop of bungee cord on one of the corner posts of my dw735, and when I hook up the flex hose I loop the bungee over it and back to the post.
      Simple and easy and the flex hose can't flop around.
      It's not about you.

Comment

I use the bungee cord method as well. My problem with what you want to do is using a 90 degree elbow. Would you not be better to use what is called a "long sweep" fitting---cuts the air flow restriction by 60%. I bought a good one from a furnace supply house.
        "Born 50 years too late"

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Shervill View Post
          That is just an elbow with an adapter packaged as one item, was trying to avoid that, but may have to go that way after all.

Originally posted by big mac View Post
          I use the bungee cord method as well. My problem with what you want to do is using a 90 degree elbow. Would you not be better to use what is called a "long sweep" fitting---cuts the air flow restriction by 60%. I bought a good one from a furnace supply house.
          There is more than enough airflow coming out of this machine to deal with the 90. The chip separator/collector drum is only about 24" away from the outlet.

I would do the bungee thing, but it is a bit of a kluge. I have pretty limited space, and have to hook up the planer to the separator every time I use it, so the less flex hose flopping around the better.

I may have to end up making something myself out of some 4" PVC fittings.

Comment

I used a 4" elbow from LV. It's here http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...=1,42401,62597

Busy Bee has them too.

Since they are the same outside diameter as the adaptor on the planer, I used a short piece of 4" furnace duct as a coupler. A bit of foil tape and it's held for years.
            Grant Wilkinson
            Ottawa ON

Comment

Originally posted by bbain32 View Post
              Anybody know of a 4" 90deg elbow fitting that will friction fit on the dust outlet of a Dewalt 735? I have a 4" flex hose on there now and to make the bend the hose flops all over the place and the wood coming out sometimes catches the hose and pops it off, and as we know, the blower on these things will chuck chips 20+ feet so it makes a huge mess when the hose comes off.

Looking for fitting that will go on the outlet and let me attach the 4" flex on the other side. The King fitting at the local lumberyard is the same size as the outlet, so it won't fit on, I would need an adapter and I am trying to avoid that.
              I hope Jamie will peep in here. I sold my 735 to him for his brother and it had a 4" coupler with the TP. I'm sure it was a 90 degree sewer elbow fitting from Loews, HD, or possibly BB.
              Mack C. in Brooklin ON
              It feels really great to sell a pen;
              It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact,
              Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
              "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-o...95203433854962

Comment

The Dewalt fitting is actually a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2" fitting with a 4 " fitting around it so I simply cut slots in the outer flange with a hacksaw which allows a standard quick release fitting to push on no problem . otherwise a standard 4" coupling should fit between the Dewalt fitting and a 90 elbow , I get some of mine at BB but my local Rona also has the General International stuff at good prices too.

I support my flex hose off the rafter/joist above btw

M.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack C. in Brooklin ON View Post
                  I hope Jamie will peep in here. I sold my 735 to him for his brother and it had a 4" coupler with the TP. I'm sure it was a 90 degree sewer elbow fitting from Loews, HD, or possibly BB.
                  Ill have to take a look but might not be until next weekend. I'll report back.
                  Jamie www.turneddesignsbyjamie.etsy.com

Comment

Time for a calliper and shopping trip to the stores.
                    plumbing, heating, in house vacums, dust collecting sections, double sided tape, duct tape
                    Egon
                    from
                    The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

4" PVC sewer elbow & a screw in type hose adapter works on my 735.

Comment

Ryan beat me to it - yes the Rockler parts. And no, it isn't an adapetr per se which I understand you want to avoid as do I. It is simply a rubber ring coupling over the outlet and the whatever you want to connect. Their system is great because you can plug and unplug (couple) as friction fit, no tools. And no, no duct tape or furnace parts (sorry 'bout that Grant )
                        Last edited by Woodwreck; 01-09-2015, 05:24 PM.
                        Start slow; wind down gracefully
                        woodbilder@mac.com

Comment

you could use A.B and J, on lee Valley's site to do what you want (BB Has them too)

you could do something similar to Rockler with the LV 90° elbow and a Rubber 4" Fernco No Hub Connector or similar too
                          http://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing-...s/N-5yc1vZbuu1

Comment

As a side note...I happen to know that the 'flanged' elbow (90 with a square plate for attaching to a machine) sold everywhere will slip over a 4" male end very well. That would work but you will have the flange sticking out unless you cut it off.
                            I dream of a better world, one where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Shervill View Post
                              As a side note...I happen to know that the 'flanged' elbow (90 with a square plate for attaching to a machine) sold everywhere will slip over a 4" male end very well. That would work but you will have the flange sticking out unless you cut it off.
                              Thanks Ryan, That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X