replied
    Re: Upgrading HP

Thanks
    that's what I figured.

Leave a comment:

• Randy in Calgary
    replied

Airflow is determined by impeller size. HP comes from that. The motors run at the same speed, so you wouldn't notice any difference in airflow. You would have an overpowered 1 HP DC.

Leave a comment:

• Don Burch
    replied

Dust collection is more about what machines you are running rather than shop size. Of course a longer ducting run requires more capacity.
    I would direct you to Bill Pentz site for some good basic information about the relationship between cfm, HP and impeller size.
    In order to move any desired volume of air, you need to consider what size of impeller, what size of ducting, static pressure losses in the circuit. There are calculations that help determine how much HP is required..
    Bill has some charts on his site that give you some guidance.
    But in short a 12" fan can only move so much air through a 4" duct, regardless of how large the motor is.

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jerome
    started a topic Upgrading HP

Upgrading HP

Right now I have a small shop, hopefully soon I am going to have a larger shop, and would like to upgrade my dust collector.
    I am currently using a craftex 1hp but have larger motors available if I was to use a say 5hp would i have a 5hp dust collector or just an over powered 1hp.
    thanks
Working...
X