Elbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbows

i need to source and purchase 5 of the 6" 45 degree elbows that will mate with 6" single wall round spiral ducting. Any suggestions/sources? I've tried a few local HVAC contractors but they've been less than helpful.

All my other materials were purchased from Welbeck Sawmill near Durham, ON and they've been great but they're out of stock and so far I don't know when they will be in.

I'm just about finished my shop DC ducting and these are the last components I need.

Any advice much appreciated.
    Chris G

Is it just me or do buffalo wings taste just like chicken?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Elbows

Have you tried the 90 degree adjustable elbows? You can make them into any angle you want. They sell them at Home Depot etc.

Comment

That's exactly what I used for my ducting. If you need to make a 90 degree turn, you simply take two 90 degree elbows and turn them so they're each only doing 45 degree turns, and together the two will make a nice, gentle 90 degree turn.

Originally posted by bgoody View Post
      Have you tried the 90 degree adjustable elbows? You can make them into any angle you want. They sell them at Home Depot etc.
      All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
      - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

There is a place called Plascad MFG just west outside of London that makes and sells spiral pipe and fittings.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by scapstick View Post
          There is a place called Plascad MFG just west outside of London that makes and sells spiral pipe and fittings.

Sean

Thanks for the lead, I'll check them out.

I really don't want to use standard elbows if I can avoid it because they won't match the rest of the spiral duct and elbows. Must be a bit of OCD kicking in but in the end I want it to look as good as ducting can be expected to look 😎
          Chris G

Is it just me or do buffalo wings taste just like chicken?

Comment

Chris,

I'm not sure what their pricing structure is, but if it's the usual, once you get the quote, you'll likely get over your OCD really quickly!

Originally posted by ChrisG1971 View Post
            Thanks for the lead, I'll check them out.

I really don't want to use standard elbows if I can avoid it because they won't match the rest of the spiral duct and elbows. Must be a bit of OCD kicking in but in the end I want it to look as good as ducting can be expected to look 
            All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
            - facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Apex-Woodwo...0243458908979/

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc. https://kwoodartca.wordpress.com/

Master Mistake Fixer (because I've made them all... at least once)

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

The 45's at Plascad are not that expensive and they usually have them in stock. If you are using spiral pipe it would be a shame to cheap out on the elbows. Good people to deal with and they are located on Hwy 22 just west of Lobo.

Brian
              If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Working...
              X