Super dust deputy ,what's happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super dust deputy ,what's happened?

I have a super dust deputy morped to a 2hp King dust collector.Recently picked up a canister filter for a $100, and after installing I am getting about equal quantities in the bag as the drum.used to be significantly more in the drum with just fines making it into the bag.Could the increase in airflow do this,and is there a fix?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Super dust deputy ,what's happened?

I would suggest you have a leak at the drum lid seal. You now have a bigger fan capacity sucking and less back pressure at the exhaust. This should improve velocity/separation in the cyclone.
    It is possible that the 2hp is pulling more air than the cyclone can separate, but really doubt it.
    Everything on the suction side is under vacuum. Any leaks at all in the waste drum or connections will break the dead zone going into the drum and allow the dust in the cone to be caught up in a secondary air stream that will flow from the leak straight out the cyclone exit.
    Use an incense stick to find the leak.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don Burch View Post
      I would suggest you have a leak at the drum lid seal. You now have a bigger fan capacity sucking and less back pressure at the exhaust. This should improve velocity/separation in the cyclone.
      It is possible that the 2hp is pulling more air than the cyclone can separate, but really doubt it.
      Everything on the suction side is under vacuum. Any leaks at all in the waste drum or connections will break the dead zone going into the drum and allow the dust in the cone to be caught up in a secondary air stream that will flow from the leak straight out the cyclone exit.
      Use an incense stick to find the leak.

Don
      Thanks Don,I did reconfigure the barrel,adding a slightly larger one,but was not even thinking about that.i will have a look

Comment

You hit the nail on the head Don,I missed a clamp on the drum when I originally assemled.tightened up the clamp,dumped the bag and drum on the floor,then sucked it all back up,virtually all of it whent into the drum

Comment

Working...
        X