Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power Demads in a New Shop

Originally posted by macleodm View Post
    The 20 hp motor should be more than adequate to drive my largest machine. I will still need a transformer - that’s another question yet. Mostly I’m trying to avoid buying something that won’t be what I really need - or be able to use. My electrician isn’t great, by his own admission, at phase conversion etc
    I had the same problem with my friend that connected my first RPC. He did not believed RPC' s worked and took the control box to his boss as he figured the wiring was too light a guage. He also did not know difference between a Rotary and static phase converter. He has been an industrial electrician for at least 35 years. He was quite surprised when he checked line voltage when it was installed and all 3 legs were within 5 volts.

Brian
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Thanks everyone for their input again on this issue. Sorry that I’m so green on this topic - it seems my biggest immediate task will be to find an electrician who can do this. Thanks for the advice on looking at current prices as well

Comment

Originally posted by klassenl View Post
        Just get a 3 phase service.
        That would be the obvious answer if I had three phase power available to me. Unfortunately I don’t

Comment

Working...
        X