FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: Ryobi AP10 Planer

Default Ryobi AP10 Planer

I have a 10" Benchmark 1332-604 benchtop planer that, I believe is virtually identical to the Ryobi AP10. I am just now getting the blades sharpened for the first time, but don't have the manual. I have all the original hardware, including what looks like a plastic jig for aligning the blades following sharpening. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this?

Many thanks in advance

Hans Braul

Default Pictures

Here is a photo showing the blades and plastic jigs that came with the planers. Anyone have some hints?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    John

The orange piece on the left is used to jig the setting of each knife in its knife carrier.
    The orange jig in the middle holds two knives so that you can hone them on a flat stone by resting the bevel of both knives on the stone's surface. There are two positions for one of the knives. This way you hone a basic bevel then you can hone a micro-bevel.
    I will look to see if I still have the manual.

Cheers,
    John

Default Ryobi AP10 Planer

Fantastic John,

Thank you. The blades are badly nicked so I will have them ground, then I will hone them as you suggest. Without trying it, I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but I'm sure I will figure it out. If not, I'll be back.

Hans

Real Name
    John

Hans,

I have looked through all my owners manuals, and sorry I can not find the one for the AP10. Must have been tossed in on of the infrequent purges that happen.

You could try making a request through customer support at http://www.ryobitools.com/

If you have a specific question, my memory my have still retained the information? :?

Cheers,

My brother has that planner and manual so I will try to get it from him

Default AP-10 Planer

Being a newbie on this forum, I am amazed at the helpful suggestions I have received. Thanks to all! I think I have an idea how to mount the blades now. I will try and if I have problems I'll be back.

Hans

If you have Sears repair depot near you, they sold it under the AP-10 model number and may still have parts for it. A manual might be available too. Had one - bullet proof - but snipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Upgraded to the 2 speed Delta. FWIW.

P.S. I would suggest getting a spare belt for it when you speak to Sears. I wrote Ryobi when mine broke and never did get an answer.

Hans
    I am sending you a pm with all four pages of the manual.I have been looking around for this since I saw your post.I finally found it stuck in between the drawer and the drawer guide where I keep all my manuals, so it has a few rips and creases.It should do the trick though.I've had my ap 10 for about twelve years, maybe more and it is still working hard for me.Yes, there is more than a bit of snipe, but you can reduce that by tipping the board a bit on the way in and the way out.
    See ya

Default If Somebody Still Needed the Manual..

Many thanks!

Hans