FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: DADO Set Query

John Knickle, Wendover ON Guest

Default DADO Set Query

I just purchased a DIMAR 8-24CL dado set. Great price and fast delivery from Sharpco. I have never used a dado set before and I was hoping that some of you would like to share with me the "do's and dont's" before I try to use it for the first time.

John

Default Re: DADO Set Query

never set one tooth against another tooth when you stack them together.

Usaully the outside cutters are marked for left and right or it says this side face out. You can tell by looking at them(the outside cutters ) have some teeth that are sloped in one direction only.

Always make sure that you have enough thread on the arbour to securely mount the nut, washer and dado blades.

A set of shims are nice

Best Regards Roman

J.P.Rap (Hamilton) Guest

Default Don't cut nails with it. *NM*

Roman,

You said never set one tooth against another tooth when you stack the chippers together. I understand this however is there a perferred position for the chippers in relation to each other. For example if you are using two chippers should they be perpendicular to each other or doesn't it matter as long as the teeth are not touching each other.

Another question I have is do you tighten the arbour nut as one would for a normal blade or do you use a little more force.

Thanks,John

Default Speaking from experience J.P? *NM* *NM*

personally I prefer to set the chippers at 90 degrees to one another or if you are using them all to evenly space them apart. I think doing this puts less load on the arbour bearings.

All TS are left threads so they are self tightning and I myself tighten all cutting heads very tight.The last thing I want is to have the cutters come off so tight is good.

Hope this helps

Best Regards Roman

Default Thanks Roman *NM*

J.P.Rap (Hamilton) Guest

Default Yep. ..Cheap wobble blade though. *NM*