FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: This really really sucks

Default This really really sucks

...but in a good way. My cyclone is finally finished. I finally received my fiber bins. This was a custom order due to the non standard size but very reasonably priced. The manufacturer, Grief Bros., took a full sized 23" diameter bin and cut it in half so I bought both. The bin measures 23" wide by 22" high. This way I can switch the bins and empty two at once. Grand total for both bins and two locking metal lids was $67 taxes in. They also cut out the center hole so I cold mount a flange for the flex pipe. Most of my duct work is complete. I went with 6" metal spiral for the ducting. A few more blast gates to install and I am in business.
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks nice and I am envious. You need a bit of dust around to totally convince me that it is a woodworking shop. Have a great weekend

Brian
    " It is nice to be important but more important to be nice"

Very impressive.I saw a similar setup in my area and could not believe how powerfull it was.Good work.
    See ya

Looking really great akabek. It's great to see that you were able to figure out a good method to paint the Galvanised portions. Oh, and by the way I wasn't ignoring the PM you sent me. I was just very busy around that time and was hardly lounging around on the forum at that point in time. Keep in touch.

Kevin
    SPCHT

Proud member since Oct '06

Not a problem Kevin, I couldn't wait any longer to get the goods on the Shop Fox products so I bought another brand of bandsaw.

Very impressive and professional looking. You can breath easy now. I must admitt I too am envious. Well done and thanks for posting .......Tom

Thanks for the comments.

I wanted to send out a thanks to Ed and Allan for answering my questions along the way.

I now have all the duct work in place. A few more feet of flex and I will have all my machines hooked up. I can already see the value of having the Magnehelic gauge on the filter box. With clean filters the gauge reads 1.2". I removed my prefilters and there was minimal change in the reading but I will still change the filters for screening once they need to be replaced. If I only had one blast gate open with 6" => 4" reducer the pressure on the gauge would drop to I believe 0.6". You can immediately see the effects on air flow when I open a different combination of blast gates.

On average I get a reading of 3.25" using another pressure gauge along my 6" spiral lines. I am not sure if my calculations are correct but this equates to 1414CFM. If anyone gets a different calculation let me know. I installed the shark guard on my saw with a 4" flex running into the cabinet and a second 4" line into the guard. I took come test cuts and watched the guard suck up a 2"x1"x3/4" piece. At first I panicked thinking it was going to hit the impeller but than remembered I am not running my 1HP DC unit.