FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: Anyone have experience with eurekazone guide system?

Default Anyone have experience with eurekazone guide system?

Being as most of what I do, is done with flat sheet stock, this unit has some appeal over just a conventional TS.

My skill level is not at a point where I am willing to turn good wood into sawdust quite yet but I do have lots of cabinet/shelving plans on my honey do list.

I do have a small bench top TS for what it is worth (crappy little Craftsman plastic base deal, that idealy would probably make a better door stop than saw) that i was thinking of replacing with something more robust this year. Was thinking along the lines of the Rigid 3650 or similar.

But for my needs, this could possibly fit the bill better, espeically with the addition of the routing attachment.

Just wondering though if anyone has any hands on with this unit?

I have one and it is well worth it if you cut alot of sheet goods.

Although there are other guide systems, none (save the Festool) offer all the functionality and customer service the EZ guide does.

It gives you straight cuts, which are splinter and tearout-free on both sides of the blade and has an excellent clamping setup for small pieces. Morever, it can also provide splinter-free cuts off the rail, by using a different base-insert (all included in the packages). And it's much safer than a TS for sheet goods (and even softwoods. Hardwoods are another story, as you'd need a very powerful saw for ripping.)

And the customer service is unbeatable. Through my own stupidity, I messed up the base during setup. When I posted about it on their forum, they sent me a new one for free! And it was my mistake!!!

The router system is great too, however I still prefer a router-table setup (and it's far too pricey IMO).
    Last edited by Spokeshaven; 03-27-2007 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks Spokeshaven! I'll try and find their forums, and have a read through there as well. The router table is the next on my list of must build items.

I have had a system since December and am very pleased with it.

You can expect to use it to do finish cuts with no chipping on 4x8 sheets and you can even do it accurately on the garage floor (no lifting).

I made some custom moldings from 3/4 oak and had no troubles cutting it with my Hitachi saw and had excellent edges even though it was only a 24 tooth blade. I cut the oak on the garage floor because the bench was in use. See pictures.

I have the router attachment as well and used it to make rebates etc on the oak counter moldings.

I also used the router attachment to rebate plywood - see picture

My father was wood machinist, a careful and meticulous man (unlike his son) and even he managed to cut the end off three of his fingers. Every time I used the table saw I had to remind myself to be careful. Since I got the EZ guide system I sold the table saw and router table, this system is much safer.

The user group website can be found below.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=52875

Bryan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the link, and the pics! gretaly appreciated. Alot of favorable reviews for this system, very nice to see. Thanks again for the input!

Splinter free, fast cuts, easy setup. I've used one for a little over a year. I use it to knock down sheet goods and to cut panels that are too big to safely cut on my tablesaw. I have 30" capacity, so if I do a larger panel, I cross cut it with the EZ system...works great. I don't have the router attachment as I cut dados with tablesaw.

Thanks for the reply mot! One question for all of you, did you guys order it from some place in Canada, or direct from Eureka?

I ordered direct from them. As I said, customer service was great and he barely charged me more than the shipping rate to the States.

Real Name
    John

Default Re: Anyone have experience with eurekazone guide system?

Can I just say that EZ Track or eurekazone is a system that can do many things and why I keep hearing it just a sheet material system is so wrong Just google Eurekazone and check it out or youtube has a lot of videos for you to watch. EZ track will never be top dog its like fighting city hall but they make a very good system Dino is the owner and a inventor of many things and has a team of pro cabinet makers looking at how to make things better all the time. They have a new tool called the Ripzer and I think this one will be a big hit very easy to rip sheets to size now with no long rails to use.

Just to let you all know I live in Toronto Ontario Canada and a new user here just telling you some interesting things about the little guy that should be number one IMO maybe its a good thing he is not that big things change at that level dont they.
    Last edited by bigjohn1; 03-05-2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: checking

John,

So... I'm unclear... are you saying you like the Eurekazone system?

(just kidding... welcome to the forum)

Matt
    SPCHT

Real Name
    John

LOL your funny
    I think it is the best since sliced bread.
    John Mississauga Ontario.,
    Supporter of the Eurekazone
    Track system And SSRK, Ripsizer.