FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: Suggestion for Nailer

Default Suggestion for Nailer

Hi,

My first post here. I've got a Red Dot compressor as a present from my wife, and I am on the market for a nailer. Nailer will be used for a home projects. I was thinking of some of gauge 16 but if there is a framing in a package I wouldn't mind get it. . Any suggestions of brand, model?

Milosh

Real Name
    J.P.

check out this thread.
    J.P. Rap Mount Hope Ont.
    Carpe Ductum (Seize The Tape)

"In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. Elwood P. Dowd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Hi,

My first post here. I've got a Red Dot compressor as a present from my wife, and I am on the market for a nailer. Nailer will be used for a home projects. I was thinking of some of gauge 16 but if there is a framing in a package I wouldn't mind get it. . Any suggestions of brand, model?

Milosh

Like J.P. noted there is another recent thread that is dealing with what you are asking about it seems.

Try a search as well.

I have a couple of early acquisitions myself with nailers that were cheapo knock offs, but quickly gravitated to Bostich and Paslode nailers.

Nailers seem to be designed better by them and have useful features as well are readily repairable.

I have come to appreciate that nailers are like guns, and a cheap gun will fail whereas a good gun can fail, rarely does, and if it does is usually worth repairing.
    Last edited by Lost in the Woods; 12-08-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    Kevin

Digger,

I've just ordered a Bostich framing nailer in the States. If you know someone in the states who could order it for you you'll find that Bostich, Hitachi, Makita etc... all of a sudden are in the price range of the elcheapo models here. It's crazy, but if you search for a while you can find stuff for half of what it costs here. My nailer for example was $167 with free shipping on special in the states and is over $400 here. Duty is only about 6% and I'll pay taxes on $160 or so rather than $400. Of course you need to get them to send it to you.

Just another option if it is handy for you.

Matt
    SPCHT

Guys,

Thanks for replies. I have to do a search for sources here (CT, PA, HD...) and South of 48th and check what are their offers. My conclusion is also that some stuff is cheaper South than here including all duties. I always struggle between low price no name and high price brand name. Endless story...

Milosh