FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: Trademaster Belt Sander

Real lalonde Guest

Default Trademaster Belt Sander

I'm looking into buying a belt/disc sander. It looks like the Trademaster sanders are a good deal for the money if the quality is there.
    Do any of you have a Trademaster belt/disc sander?
    Whould you buy the 4" X 36" BELT / 8 " DISC SANDER or the 6" X 48" BELT / 9" DISC SANDER ?
    Does the extra $160 really worth it ?

Thank you

Real

Harry in Sutton Guest

Default Re: Trademaster Belt Sander

Hi Real,
    buy the biggest you can afford. I have the 6x48/9" unit from Busy Bee for about 8 or 9 years and it gets a lot of use. The only thing I found the table in front of the disk is a bit shaky and needs adjusting at times.
    Season Greetings, Harry

Lance Kennedy, Oak Point Guest

I agree with Harry. I have the 4" sander and always wish I had bought the 6" width sander. FWIW Lance

Brad H, Erin, ON Guest

What are the prices on each of those? Does anyone have any experience with the Crappy Tire models?

Real Lalonde Guest

Brad,
    The Trademaster prices are $135 (4X36 inches) and $300 (6X48 inches ).

Mike Lowden Guest

I too, am in the market for a 6 x48. I've had a small Delta that I bought at CTC years ago, and it still works well, but it's too small - gonna give it to the kid and get a bigger one - I'm trying to hold out for the woodshows to see if I can get a better deal.

Peter B Fenwick ON Guest

I have the King version and I find that I hardly use the disk and that the disk interferes when sanding large pieces on the belt. I would go for the 6X89 horizontal belt sander. The only problem is that it run about $850.00

Gord - Cambridge Guest

Hi

I was at home hardware in Cambridge today & happend to pick up a trade master flyer, they have the 6" X 48" BELT / 9" DISC SANDER on sale for $249.99, it looks to be the same as the busy bee model I have, just a different color & seems to have a better stand . Its not a bad deal, considering I paid $ 285 for the busy bee model.