FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Price Alert: 25% -50% off at Home Depot

Real Name
    Ryan

Default Price Alert: 25% -50% off at Home Depot

I've seen a number of guys comment that they are waiting for the next 20% off Ridgid sale at HD.

It's not quite that, but there does seem to be a sale happening this weekend.

I can't seem to link directly to the flyer, but if you go to www.homedepot.ca and click on eflyer, the last page of the latest flyer says that starting this Thursday they will offer 25% off on all in stock power tools, and 50% off all instock hand tools. This is, I assume, because as we all know handtools are only half as important as powertools.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

Default Re: Price Alert: 25% -50% off at Home Depot

Sorry, the ad says "select" in-stock power tools and "select" in-stock hand tools. We can guess what they will "select".

Rick in Cobourg

Real Name
    Ryan

ah man! How did I miss that! I wonder which ones will be selected?

Stock up on your Ryobi tools...
    ...so you can return them and get something else

I wonder if there will be anything interesting. Actually, speaking of returning if you want something and are afraid it'll be sold out you can buy it now when there's some on the shelf and get it price adjusted that day.

Too bad they don't sell nice clamps like the Besseys.

*edit*
    Someone wrote this on another forum, not my words:
    Ridgid TS3650 table saw on sale for $499 (reg $599)
    Ridgid 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw for $399 (reg $599)

I noticed they had a bunch of other sales on drill kits...but I wasn't too interested in those.
    Last edited by Bob R., Ottawa; 02-03-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    Why do people keep calling me Rob?

They used to sell Bessey clamps but like all things at HD if they carry the product this week you can count on the fact they wont next week. About 3 years ago they cleaned out Bessey and I bought what they had left for 50% off. The mangement will discontinue any thing if they don't get the volume they have set in advance.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by callee View Post
    ah man! How did I miss that! I wonder which ones will be selected?
    The ones that HD has no stock of.

Quote Originally Posted by killian View Post
    The ones that HD has no stock of.
    That's what I'm expecting.
    "No, sorry. We don't have that one in stock. Come back later when it's full price. Thankyouhaveanicedaynext."

Happily and woefully out of date
    ... and not buying the upgrade!

If HD doesn't have stock, go to the pro desk and create a backorder for it. They'll honour the price no problem and you get the first one through the door, picked for you and out aside. Heck, they'll even call you to remind you that its in and let you take 6 months to a year to pay for it - at no extra cost.

Really guys, HD is nowhere near as bad as you make them out to be!

Max
    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."

I'm just hateful and expect that everyone is out to screw with me as a general rule.

SHIELDS UP!

Happily and woefully out of date
    ... and not buying the upgrade!

Real Name
    Ryan

Well, that was a bit of a disappointment, I don't mind saying!

I walked into the home depot. I honestly did expect to see rows of little sale tags in the power tool display aisle. Instead, everything looked pretty much as it always does. I looked around, I saw the ridgid 12" SCMS that is on sale, but off the bat that was all I saw. So I stopped an associate, pointed to the flyer that said "25% off select power tools" and asked him which ones were "select." He said, "well, that's a ridgid drill set in the picture there, so I imagine that drill set is on sale." I asked him what else was on sale though? surely a broad phrase like "25% off select power tools"needs to encompass more than just a drill set and a chop saw.

I was hoping, ofcourse, that the ridgid 23g pinner that I've had my eye on would be on sale. As a consolation prize, I would have picked up the ridgid drywall gun. I checked both, and both still had a regular price tag on them. Dissappointing. Finally the associate returned with another associate who he said knew more about the sale. So I asked him "what tools are included in the sale?"

He pointed out that the 3650 was on sale. That's nice, but I already have that.

He poitned out that the 18v Li-On drill/impact driver combo set was on sale, great price too, $170 down from $250. That's really nice, except that I already have it, and paid $30 more for it at that, so actually seeing that makes me feel more disappointed, not better!

He pointed out a cute little 12v Li-on compact drill/impact driver set, on for $169. For the person just working around the house, or doing delicate work in the shop, these little guys would be awesome, I think, but given that I have the larger 18v set already, it really would have been a senseless waste of money for me.

Then he showed me a promising looking poster they had printed in store, that was titled "GREAT RIDGID DEALS!" I looked it over, saw the items I've already mentioned, and then noticed that the rest of the stuff was ryobi tools. I pointed this out, and he responded "yes, if you're looking to buy ryobi tools, this is a great time to do it."

I told him that I was ready to buy the ridgid pinner, but was waiting for it to be on sale. He apologised, said he didn't know when it would be on sale.

So, all in all, I left empty handed.

All in all, it strikes me that we have an odd way of doing things here in the west when it comes to buying stuff.

See, there I was, money in hand, ready to to buy. And yet I ended up going home empty handed. Why is that? Well, obviously because the store wasn't willing to give me the price I wanted. But why weren't they willing, because I wanted an unreasonable price? No, that's not true either: eventually they will have the sale, like they always do, and at that time they will give me the price I want. So what do we have here? A customer ready and willing to buy at a certain price, and a store willing to sell for that price, and yet - and yet - the sale does not get made, and why? Because of what time it is (i.e. it's not the time of the sale). What kind of system do we have where that can happen? In other cultures where bargaining and haggleing is the accepted standard, this kind of thing would never happen. In such cultures, if you had a customer willing to buy and a business man willing to sell, then the transaction would happen, period! The two would sit down at the table, talk it out, and not get up till the deal was made. Doesn't that make so much more sense? Instead, we have some wierd system where deals can only be had during certain limited time periods that we call "sales", and if you happen to be outside of one of those time periods, then tough luck, even if you're willing to buy and they're willing to sell, no business is happening that day! How sensible is that? Businesses exist to make money. This one here in town could have made money off of me today, but instead they didn't. And why did they give up that money? Because of this arbitrary and wierd obsession with what time it is. If our businesses are willing to miss out on a sale because of something as silly as time, then, my gosh, no wonder they are going bankrupt.

A real salesman would never let a willing customer walk out the door empty handed.

ok, sorry, rant over, steps off soapbox...

I saw the list yesterday and most of the tools are the drills et al. Also the bosch with the "free" sander. If you go to the contractors desk and ask for the list they will probably show it to you. I also picked up the Ridgid 12" SCMS at $200 off (thanks to the post on the forum!).

Was hoping that some of the other things I was looking at were going on sale (and wanted to grab them before they ran out). The mobile base is on for $149 (-$50). I'm picking it up tonight.

Anyway, they didn't make any issue about showing me the whole list - though they did say that some of it wouldn't be updated in the computer until Sat.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by callee View Post
    He poitned out that the 18v Li-On drill/impact driver combo set was on sale, great price too, $170 down from $250.
    Which one? I don't see anything like that on the website?

...art
    It's not about you.

Real Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ArtMulder View Post
    Which one? I don't see anything like that on the website?

...art

I looked on the HD website, but couldn't easily find their listings of tool sets, so I gave up. But if memory serves there were two sets on sale.

First, the one I mentioned, which includes this 18v Li-on drill:

and the 18v li-on impact driver, for which, oddly, I cannot seem to find a listing either on homedepot.ca, homedepot.com, or ridgid.com. This set usually runs $250, I got it for $200, today it was on for $170.

The other set has this 18v li-on "auto-shift" drill,

the same impact driver, then a companion flashlight and mini (not the full size) job site radio. It normally sells for $300, I think it was on for just over $200.

I have the first set, and so far I'm really happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizak the Really Horrible View Post
    I'm just hateful and expect that everyone is out to screw with me as a general rule.
    Mom? Is that you?
    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."

Plus the lifetime warranty which includes replacement batteries. I saw that set today and I think I will make room for one tomorrow.

Rick in Cobourg

I guess I'll post my little gloat here: today is opening day of the HD here in Fort Saskatchewan and they had that 18V lithium drill/driver combo on for $149. I thought about it for a bit and even mentioned it to my wife but then decided to pass since I already have a cordless drill (although a CT version that I've never been really pleased with). Anyway, my wife just called me at work to say she bought me the combo. I must've done something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Max In Sudbury View Post
    Mom? Is that you?

Cut it out Max! You almost made me spray my coffee!

Real Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry in Fort Sask, AB View Post
    I guess I'll post my little gloat here: today is opening day of the HD here in Fort Saskatchewan and they had that 18V lithium drill/driver combo on for $149. I thought about it for a bit and even mentioned it to my wife but then decided to pass since I already have a cordless drill (although a CT version that I've never been really pleased with). Anyway, my wife just called me at work to say she bought me the combo. I must've done something right.
    So what would I have to do to get your wife to take mine out for tea?

Sugarbush near Horeseshoe Valley, Ontario
    Real Name
    Don

At HD today.
    What a joke for the 50% etc off.
    Screwdrivers anyone?
    CHEERS
    Don B

I bought a ridgid 13 inch planer today, reg 599, got it for 299